$1950 for the Ford Suspension package?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, according to the FRPP website, the suspenion alone is $1335.

If that's the case, and they are charging a little more than $600 for install/alignment, that's a great deal. Plus, because it is dealer-installed, you will get the warranty on the parts.

However.. according to Summit Racing, the suspension is about $150 less.. I suppose that's not really a big deal though..

Either way, the suspension is great- very comfortable ride for being lowered, yet very responsive in the corners.. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Good luck! :nice:

I got the Roush version (warranty man) and that was about the install price for that suspension. I paid the extra money and got the STB as well but that's the easy install. I think there was about $300 difference between the prices of the two (plus the STB) and I think mine was 2500, so I think you're sitting ok.

For being dealer installed and aligned, that sounds good. Does it include an adjustable panhard bar? Is it lowered enough to warrant one? I know mine got dropped 1.5" and my rear got pushed to the driver side by about 1/4".

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated! I am not sure what all is included, I just asked for a price on installing the suspension pack.

Also, 1965Coupe, I see you drive a ShelbyGT, there are a few 07 models here in town, so they should have a good incentive on them. What is a fair price for the ShelbyGT?

Thanks again!

That is very reasonable. The kit does not include an adjustable panhard bar. It does not need one IMO. It is the same exact kit used by Shelby on the Shelby GT, so it is an OEM part now, hence the warranty when a Ford dealer installs it.

I would call the Ford Racing Tech Line and ask them how long it should take for a Ford tech to install the M-2005-FR3 Suspension Kit. While on their site, you can view the current MSRP and do the calculation using their labor rate to see if it is a reasonable deal. Retail labor rates (warranty reimbursement rates are much lower from Ford, hence the common warranty denied problem from stealerships) are usually between $80-$100 per hour maybe less for certain parts of the country.

This part is also palletized so it goes truck freight. Summit charges shipping for items that go truck freight. So that will reduce the perceived cost savings when sourced from Summit. Also, Ford Racing parts have a VERY LOW markup. Summit sells parts at cost plus 5% on some stuff and actually sells things about 10% above MSRP on other Ford Racing parts. By the time the merchant pays 2-3% for taking your credit card, and ships it out for free, there is not much left. Ford Racing parts have about a 15-20% markup for large volume buyers that sell retail (Summit, Jegs, etc). A local dealer that buys Ford Racing parts from a warehouse only makes like 5% on the parts if it is sold at MSRP. Everyone has to make a living so keep that in mind. Ford Racing parts are priced to support the brand and are not a really profit driven entity. Most aftermarket brands have almost double or triple the markup from warehouse to retail so there is more margin for the local retailer to sell with. You may notice how many SVT parts sold through Ford Racing are significantly less than the price if bought at the local Ford dealer parts counter.

Plus it is pretty cheesy as a customer to go to your dealer with the parts already purchased and then ask for installation when they already quoted you a price on the parts.

I know that Friendly Ford in Nevada quoted someone $950 IN LABOR ONLY to install a hurst shifter and the Ford Racing Power Pack (cold air intake, computer flash, mufflers, and oil filter). That is very UN-FRIENDLY to me. Those parts would take no more than 3-4 hours of labor including the oil change. 3-4 hours times $90 per hour should be no more than $360 plus the oil for the above mentioned parts. This dealer quoted $950 for just the labor and that is a joke.

This is the same story as the aftermarket parts vs. warranty debate that has been going on forever. Some dealers are nice and reasonable and try to diagnose the cause FIRST. These businesses are golden and should be rewarded with the customer's loyalty. The other Stealerships use every chance they can to take advantage of the situation in order to make a quick buck even though they know that they are jeopardizing the relationship of a potential long term customer.

That is why bad surveys should be used to drive down the stealerships CSI (Customer Service Index) rating and hopefully Ford will put them on the short list for the dealer reduction program in your area.

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated! I am not sure what all is included, I just asked for a price on installing the suspension pack.

Also, 1965Coupe, I see you drive a ShelbyGT, there are a few 07 models here in town, so they should have a good incentive on them. What is a fair price for the ShelbyGT?

Thanks again!

For an '07, if it is brand new, I would say definately a few thousand or more less than the total MSRP.

For an '08, pay sticker or less, but not one penny over.