1956 F100 Gets New Rear.

Silly question, do you know if I can use a stock mustang or explorer flywheel with the 88 aod I just got?
I'm thinkin you cannot. Idk specifically about an AOD, but a4R70 needs a 164 tooth " big" flywheel. Although they share a lot of things, there is a lot of stuff they don't. Maybe the original AOD uses the smaller piece.

I'm just rambling...

• Sponsors (?)

There just some thing about a fat fendered ford pu I have a 52 ford pu that I need to start on but I bought a 99 stang thinking I'd drop a 302 in but from all the threads I have read it seems to be problematic

There just some thing about a fat fendered ford pu I have a 52 ford pu that I need to start on but I bought a 99 stang thinking I'd drop a 302 in but from all the threads I have read it seems to be problematic
I'm sure you'll run into issues when trying to setup gauges and a speedo but as for dropping a 302 shouldn't be all that difficult.
Are you wanting to put the AOD behind the 351, or a 302?
behind the 302. 351 is long gone. My days off changed and I hope to get some steel for motor mount and maybe a tranny mount.

Debating on whether or not to box in the entire frame or not. Lot of work and some say it isn't always best to stiffen a truck frame. I may add airbags further down the line with a 4 link rear but the crown Vic suspension will suffice for now.

image.jpeg

Keeping me honest again eh?

No changes on the project. I'm actually rearranging my garage and putting my welder more towards the garage door so I have to add some wiring and move some stuff around. This will make it easier to get to certain areas on the truck.

Keeping me honest again eh?

No changes on the project. I'm actually rearranging my garage and putting my welder more towards the garage door so I have to add some wiring and move some stuff around. This will make it easier to get to certain areas on the truck.
I try.... Lol
Every now and then I check my watched threads list and see who has not updated for a bit.
I hear ya on the garage, bought a house with a nice garage and no electrical in it, gathering what I need to ruff it in, and I hate wiring lol

Getting back at it. I ended up with an aod trans over the summer need to bolt it up and start working on setting the motor and trans in. Also rear end needs to be bolt in so I can figure out pinion angle while the weight is on the truck.

Question though. I'm looking at the rear fenders where the foot rails bolt in and noticed there is a metal strap (what's left of it) on the inside of the fender where the rail bolts through. It looks like rust got to it at one point and then painted over. It needs removed and replace or other means of supporting the bolts. Thinking of getting a thicker piece of sheet metal to toss in there and tack it in place and then use some seam sealer. Guessing washers could work to. Anyone have options on this? I'll take pics if need be

After a meager 8 pages of this build, I guess non-foxbody builds aren't part of the community anymore. Thanks for your support gents. It'll be apart of the f100 forums still.

Viva El Tanner

Mods if you want to lock this thread then by all means.

Reactions: 1 user
After a meager 8 pages of this build, I guess non-foxbody builds aren't part of the community anymore. Thanks for your support gents. It'll be apart of the f100 forums still.

Viva El Tanner

Mods if you want to lock this thread then by all means.

Was looking forward to your progress, which f100 forum will be home to your build thread?

A c10/f100 build is on my bucket list. Behind the other 300 cars I'd like to build.
Old body, new guts. I love it.
I'll definitely follow along.

What happened with the new edge you had?

Shoosh, don't alarm the folks about that in here. Pretty sure that really isn't allowed. 4.6, dual over head cams, 99-04 mustang... What are you thinking?

It's in the garage next to the wife's 65 mustang. I love driving that thing but it may need to go to the way side to free up funds and room. The 88 had also been neglected as well. Can't wait to fire up that one again.

I had a c20 a few years ago I wish I had kept. I was saving up to make it a short box but the long bed was soooo damn useful. Good truck 350 and turbo 300. Alas it needed to go.

Thought I'd better update again before @RaggedGT gets at me again

The parts man came. While it wasn't anything special, it was a much need piece to my puzzle. Plus, it was the first time I ordered from Rock auto..... I think... Either way it was painless and, even with shipping, cheaper than I can get it local.

Some 302/motor mounts.

IMG_20160307_134048765_TOP.jpg

And some steel stock

IMG_20160307_133926753.jpg

Sad part is I'm busy this weekend so I won't be able to dedicate much time to it aside from thinking about it.

Reactions: 1 user