1956 F100 Gets New Rear.

• Sponsors (?)

It's Nice to be recognized for my efforts lol :)

They send you a magnet?
(I got giped the last two orders )-:

Also looking forward to you progress on the truck/and eventually the mustang

Lol I did get the magnet. Popped it on the garage fridge.

Wait, wait, wait... They sell steel stock too? Or did I misread again?

I should clarify. I bought steel stock today from a local supplier. 8 bucks well spent. I love watching the machines work. They have press that cut 3/16 like it was nothing. It didn't struggle or nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
Shoosh, don't alarm the folks about that in here. Pretty sure that really isn't allowed. 4.6, dual over head cams, 99-04 mustang... What are you thinking?
You can quit worrying.
I voiced an opinion,..it wasn't well received, it's business as usual here. Post what you want.:nice:
It's Nice to be recognized for my efforts lol :)

They send you a magnet?
(I got giped the last two orders )-:
And right in line with getting you recognized for your efforts.....how about getting recognized for creating a word that doesn't exist?:nono:

The tiny little bold face word should be:

gyp
/jip/

informal
verb

past tense: gypped; past participle: gypped
  1. cheat or swindle (someone).
    "that's salesmanship, you have to gyp people into buying stuff they don't like"
Typically associated with gypsies, as the stereotype labels them as thieves, it's just as derogatory as saying the you "jewed" somebody out of something.

Good job!;)

Last edited:
You can quit worrying.
I voiced an opinion,..it wasn't well received, it's business as usual here. Post what you want.:nice:

And right in line with getting you recognized for your efforts.....how about getting recognized for creating a word that doesn't exist?:nono:

gyp
/jip/

informal
verb

Typically associated with gypsies, as the stereotype labels them as thieves, it's just as derogatory as saying the you "jewed" somebody out of something.

Good job!;)

You're the genius here. Not I or Ragged

Congrats by the way. Bmw's are great cars for the first seven to ten years or so. Then they make great swap vehicles.

You can quit worrying.

gyp
/jip/

informal
verb

Good job!;)

I will take most of the responsibility for my lack of knowledge with spelling,or knowing the meaning behind slang words or sayings-derogatory or not lol but at least a little blame has to be on Apple- "Giped" was the suggested spelling via autocorrect.

Glad to see being a "Genius" hasn't gone to your head :)

Lol

A good friend of mine helped me out this weekend with my welder. While what I had was getting me by, it wasn't up for any expansions like adding more outlets on a 20amp circuit, lights, etc. Took a couple of hours to take apart my old system and add this:
IMG_20160313_144353938.jpg

IMG_20160313_144403889.jpg

IMG_20160313_144424024_HDR.jpg

I was able to run my welder plug toward the front of my garage which gives me a ton of room to work with and not having to drag a project into the corner of the garage.

Going to have to dust off the truck and stage it into the garage now.

Reactions: 3 users
A few months ago I bought a 90 GT and basically saved it from the salvage yard. I just finished putting 5 lug spindles and 5 lug 373 rear with bullit rims on it only to come across something that I have always wanted. A 1956 ford F100. I couldn't pass it up. No cancer on it. Has a bed full of chrome parts even the speedometer. Dash is uncut.
truck1.jpeg
truck2.jpeg
grill.jpeg

The 90 GT as it sits now. Wish I could keep it but it has to go to make room for the truck.
IMG_1152.jpg
Nice truck. I did the opposite, i sold my 68 Camaro, and got me a 92 GT Mustang, lol .. Classic metal cars are cool, i likes the truck. What are your plans for color ?

LS motor won't go into the truck. That'll stay more classic with a 302 or 289 probably carb.

I am looking other cars for an LS swap. Had my eye on a BMW with a bad motor but wife put a stop on that. She says 6 cars is too many already.

Reactions: 1 users
LS motor won't go into the truck. That'll stay more classic with a 302 or 289 probably carb.

I am looking other cars for an LS swap. Had my eye on a BMW with a bad motor but wife put a stop on that. She says 6 cars is too many already.
Ah, i hear that. I get on my wife's case when i know we could have used some of them cars she made me sell. Especially when the kids got older and we needed to purchase cars. Well can't wait to see that truck in the stages from start to finish. Cheers mate !

So I had big plans this weekend to get the truck going. Needed to move my 88 notch out of the way first. Haven't fired it up in a awhile so of course battery is toast. I need to get emissions done and enjoy this car too.

88ponies.jpg
But more on that later....

I was looking at the parts I have ready for putting trans and engine in...... Then I remember I don't have my engine hoist. I also didn't get extra steel for a trans mount nor do I have a trans mount. The latter of the two I don't need for now but the engine hoist is kind of a thing there. Oh well. I'll have everything laid out for next weekend and hit it hard. I also have to fab up mounts for the trailing arms on the crown vic front end.......

I did manage to pick up long tube headers for my Mach 1 for $50. Should pick up a nice 200hp on those. Projects are getting overwhelming. But love them all...

So I had big plans this weekend to get the truck going. Needed to move my 88 notch out of the way first. Haven't fired it up in a awhile so of course battery is toast. I need to get emissions done and enjoy this car too.

88ponies.jpg
But more on that later....

I was looking at the parts I have ready for putting trans and engine in...... Then I remember I don't have my engine hoist. I also didn't get extra steel for a trans mount nor do I have a trans mount. The latter of the two I don't need for now but the engine hoist is kind of a thing there. Oh well. I'll have everything laid out for next weekend and hit it hard. I also have to fab up mounts for the trailing arms on the crown vic front end.......

I did manage to pick up long tube headers for my Mach 1 for $50. Should pick up a nice 200hp on those. Projects are getting overwhelming. But love them all...
Oh yeah, this is a hottie here. CHP 5.0's are cool. So is the truck you plan on rebuilding. I too have my 4x4 with a 454, and my 5.0, i like both, will keep both. Its like having a blonde, and a brunet, lol ..