Progress Thread HeHateMe gets bent

• Sponsors (?)

@CarMichael Angelo , I know you hate these Falcons, but the bearded wonder did make pretty sweet work out of one.

00501D68-2B17-4D7A-AE13-496D1A3EAC15.jpeg

And @droopie85gt , not entirely sure of your plans, but if you get it sitting like his, it could be a pedal cart and be cool in my eyes.

Reactions: 1 user
@CarMichael Angelo , I know you hate these Falcons, but the bearded wonder did make pretty sweet work out of one.

00501D68-2B17-4D7A-AE13-496D1A3EAC15.jpeg

And @droopie85gt , not entirely sure of your plans, but if you get it sitting like his, it could be a pedal cart and be cool in my eyes.

I agree. Hell,..I’d almost consider owning one if i could make it look like that...........almost.
But it’s just like my car..I can’t stand the “ box top “ version, and think they can never be made to look good regardless of what is done to them because of the roof. The white car pictured above is a hard top...( when the windows are down, there is no visible support holding up the roof) The car looks more “ sporty” because of the slope of the C pillar. Our man Drew has a “ post”.
1605099598281.jpeg

Different, longer roofline, different C pillar,..and there is that.......post.

I’ll say one thing. The chassis/suspension stuff he’s putting on is top notch stuff. If he goes about installing it as meticulously as he has been with the engine build, the fab work will be a significant plus to the car.

Hmm, I don't remember that story. I could have slept since then. But I have bifocal safety glasses. I thought about getting some 1.25 or 1.5 'reader' type magnifier safety glasses, but I am climbing up and over the radiator support and would probably bust my ass and break a wrist or something. I can read a business card from a mile away but not less than 3 feet!
I need reading glasses now because I'm old and the bifocals safety glasses work perfectly. I have 20/15 vision, just can't focus close any more because of presbyopia. They're also ideal for using at the range too.

I need reading glasses now because I'm old and the bifocals safety glasses work perfectly. I have 20/15 vision, just can't focus close any more because of presbyopia. They're also ideal for using at the range too.
Prescription safety glasses are the shiznit. I have a pair in my toolbox at work and wear them any time a grinder, cut-off-wheel, chisel, airhammer, etc. comes out.

Prescription safety glasses are the shiznit. I have a pair in my toolbox at work and wear them any time a grinder, cut-off-wheel, chisel, airhammer, etc. comes out.
my problem is that I need magnification that increase the closer I get my face to the work. If I’m trying to get a really nice weld, and I can get my face close enough, I need about a 3.0 magnifier. Back up a foot, and it needs to be about a 2.5.

• Agree
I need to know what size back tire that is and how much he moved the leafs!!!

So our business was closed but I had to work til 2 meeting with a vendor on a 1.25m powder coating line we are looking to design and purchase.

So I didn't get to work on Lil Red today other than I found my laser level thing. I need a tripod to hold it so I can mark this line, but I think this is approximately where the cut will be. Gotta buy or borrow a tripod.

The braces will be gone too. Either fab up some back to the firewall OR tie off the cage to brace the shock strut towers.

IMG_20201111_150111.jpg

So our business was closed but I had to work til 2 meeting with a vendor on a 1.25m powder coating line we are looking to design and purchase.

So I didn't get to work on Lil Red today other than I found my laser level thing. I need a tripod to hold it so I can mark this line, but I think this is approximately where the cut will be. Gotta buy or borrow a tripod.

The braces will be gone too. Either fab up some back to the firewall OR tie off the cage to brace the shock strut towers.

IMG_20201111_150111.jpg
*”Collect call from the 18th century for a Mr. Drew....Will you accept the charges?”

Leaf springs?!!!...They had those things on Covered wagons..

Be a man and put a set of Ladder bars and coil overs on your freakin drag car..

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
*”Collect call from the 18th century for a Mr. Drew....Will you accept the charges?”

There, now we have returned to our normal programming. The tears are gone. :nice:

There are some covered wagons cutting 1.2x 60' times, so I am in.

Actually Sir @CarMichael Angelo I have been looking at the frame/ladder bar clips at Jegs. But I really don't want to cut up the back of the car that much, yet. I think a minitub and some caltracs and it will work fine. Maybe spring for some monoleafs. I need to get the front end, floor plan, roll cage done, engine and trans ready and then think about the back of the car.

Guess you haven’t seen how fast they are going on a split mono leaf / cal trac setup. Ron Rhodes has been 1.06 60foot .

Look up Lyle Barnett - tooth jerker

Last edited:

IMG_20201111_150111.jpg
It’s a grudge car so getting any Info isn’t likely . Crazy Dons chassis built the chassis as it was originally his car .