1964 1/2 Mustang Convertible

WOZNEY

Sep 27, 2018
Canada
Need help. Recently bought 1964 1/2 convertible.... has no neutral safety switch. I don’t think it’s the original motor as it’s blue not gold so don’t know if the tranny is original. Need to get NNS and don’t know which one.....and can’t find where the wires are that it would connect to. There is no wiring harness where it should be through the firewall.... thus my reverse lights don’t work either!!!! HELP

• Sponsors (?)

Yes. Sorry it’s a c4......I’m a newbie...I don’t see any wires there but I’ll double check. Could they be under the dash?? I’ve read they come through the firewall but don’t see any there without connections... thanks.

being that the 64 1/2 is the first of the mustangs then the wiring might be slightly different than later years but it should be connected to the larger harness that comes thru the firewall. It is basically wired into the wiring that goes to your starting circuit. Should be a two wire plug or a 4 wire plug.

It should look similar to these

1.jpg
1.jpg

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 258
Ok. I’ll look after work and try and send a pic. I think everything’s been hacked into and obviously bypassed as I can start in any gear and have no back up lights. Don’t think I even have the switch installed. I just got the car a month ago so working on it. I’m no mechanic.... so I appreciate the help. Will post later. Thanks.

Okay. So here’s a pic of what I’ve got through the firewall. Let me know what you think. The bluish wire is not connected anywhere....the two wires that come out of the firewall with the blue piece of styrofoam plug... one goes nowhere ( the blue wire) and one goes to a sensor or something near the bottom of motor near the power steering pump. The other bundle of wires to the left of those goes to a motor or something attached to the firewall and some wires go towards starter solenoid
5E5AFC93-0770-4782-94CA-A41642FE4165.jpeg

Well I can’t find any wires under the dash that could be the reverse lights so I guess I’ll find them under the scuff plate (black red) then run them through the NNS to a wire to battery with a 10 amp in line fuse.... what should I do for the shift circuit?? How do I determine which wires to spice those wires into. I assume it would be ones running to the starter solenoid but which ones? Also any idea what NSS to buy? 1965? 1966? Not sure if the tranny been replaced. Any tips to figure this out?