1964 rear brake light issue

Im having an issue of my rear stop lights not working. The turn signals work but NOT when i apply the brakes. I've changed out the rear light wiring harness and the headlight switch.:mad:

I've upgraded the single master cylinder to a DUAL M/C and Ive added a proportioning valve.
Originally it was it screwed on the front master but now since Im running the proportioning valve my question is do I run a T-fitting w- the sensor before or after the PV?

• Sponsors (?)

IIRC the 64 1/2 models did have the hydraulic pressure activated brake switch on the front of the master cylnder. You could "T" off of the front brake line on the new one to plumb it in, but if it were me I would rather figure out how to hook up a standard brake light switch to the pedal assy. It might be a simple bolt on. I'm sure others here have done it...anyone?

The headlight switch has nothing to do with it. Neither does the brake pedal, on the 64, it should have a hydraulic switch on the master cylinder. The turn signal switch does, though. Use a test probe to see if the brake switch is getting power. If so, you can test to see whether it is working as well.

Im in the process of doing this, you either need to swap out your break pedal for a newer one, as the 64 1/2" pedal pin does not have a provision to run the 65 & up brake light switch, or try to do a underdash microswitch...

I tought of putting the old type pressure switch, but the brake lines are cramped as is with the new disc/drum MC and passed on this route.