1965 clutch swap problems

Hi all,
I have a problem I hope someone out there can help with. I’m in the middle of a T5 swap with hydraulic clutch in my 65 stang sporting a 351w. I’m using the original bellhousing with T5 swap spacer, 14.25” flywheel with 164 teeth and a Centreforce clutch setup and a T5 clutch fork. I’ve relocated the pivot stud to the right side of the bellhousing for the hydraulics, so as to have a pusher rather than a puller set up. The problem I have is clearance. All is well until I try to slide the tranny in place. The fork contacts the rear of the bellhousing when there is about ½” gap between the tranny and bellhousing. It seems as though the fork is to thick as it contacts the rear of the bellhousing at it's widest point. HELP!!!

• Sponsors (?)

You've also got the wrong flywheel for a 65 bell. Should be a 157 tooth. And you're right as to the T5 fork not working, the T5 bells are an inch deeper than a Toploader bell. You need a T5 bell and a 157 tooth flywheel. Or use your bell and reverse the slave cylinder and use the Toploader fork as it was intended.

Thanx for all the info. The reason I'm going with the larger clutch is on the advise of my engine builder. Since I have a stroker making loads of torque he recomends going larger. It all fits in the bellhousing fine it's just the hydraulics I'm Having problems with. I may have to step up and have a custom fork made (oh joy).