1965 Coupe

LI Pony

Jan 21, 2010
I just went to checkout a 1965 coupe GT clone.

body was very straight and solid. very nice Wimbledon White paint
red and cream pony interior

rebuilt 289

new magniflow exhaust

the bad: front frame rails have holes and definitely will need to be replaced, the rest of the floors looked fine, trunk too

there is slight cracking under the drip rails where the chrome strips attach

seller is asking $10K

opinions needed

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know how bad the frame rails are, but if the car is in good shape otherwise, I would still consider it.

The cracking in the paint at the bottom of the drip rails behind the side rear window is fairly normal. I see it alot. Its a stress point and since the car is unibody it cracks. How bad is it?

If you get the car or any other Mustang, I would get subframe connectors, monte carlo bar, and one peice export brace to keep the car in shape.

Thats cool that it has Magnaflow exhaust already.

Do you have any pictures or a link to the ad?

I don't know how bad the frame rails are, but if the car is in good shape otherwise, I would still consider it.

The cracking in the paint at the bottom of the drip rails behind the side rear window is fairly normal. I see it alot. Its a stress point and since the car is unibody it cracks. How bad is it?

If you get the car or any other Mustang, I would get subframe connectors, monte carlo bar, and one peice export brace to keep the car in shape.

Thats cool that it has Magnaflow exhaust already.

Do you have any pictures or a link to the ad?

it was parked in a gas station parking lot, I wasn't looking for it, when I saw it I did a u turn and headed right over, the gas station attendant knew nothing since the car belongs to a friend of the owners, and he is nit in till Monday, I'll drive by today and take pictures