1965 Fastback interior Red Vinyl - color shade?

stangfriend

May 13, 2021
Germany
My recently purchased 1965 Fastback hast the interior trim 25 (Red Vinyl) on the door plate. The interior is as in the pictures. I am confused about the different shades of red.
The kick panel and the headliner is a dark, slightly brownish red. The door panel is more a classic bright red. The dash cover is a pale red. The seat cover a metallic red. Which one is there correct trim 25 red?

What also irritates me: The dashboard, steering column and rear covers are black. The cars weren't delivered in two colors, were they?

Thanks for your help!

• Sponsors (?)

My recently purchased 1965 Fastback hast the interior trim 25 (Red Vinyl) on the door plate. The interior is as in the pictures. I am confused about the different shades of red.
The kick panel and the headliner is a dark, slightly brownish red. The door panel is more a classic bright red. The dash cover is a pale red. The seat cover a metallic red. Which one is there correct trim 25 red?

What also irritates me: The dashboard, steering column and rear covers are black. The cars weren't delivered in two colors, were they?

Thanks for your help!

Steering columns were the same color as the interior...if the interior is red, so is the column. Your door panel appears closest to the correct color. The headliner could be moon skin grain white with white visors (early production) or red (later production). The carpet color should be red. Your kick panels are aftermarket and not the correct red. All ez changes if you want to have the correct color.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I deal a TON with red and dark red mustang interiors.

That headliner and the lower vent kicks are considered "dark red". Some manufacturers also call that color Maroon. It depends on the vendor and the year and they seem to switch the name randomly. The door cards look to be the correct color. I would question whether that headliner is the proper shade of red.