Progress Thread 1965 Mustang A-code coupe restoration/build thread

• Sponsors (?)

Right on SeanW, I'm enjoying your videos and this build. Some serious metal work goin on. Its nice to see one so far gone being reborn.

Bummer about the welder though, CrapOns should last forever darn it.

originally Caspian Blue

Do you think you'll go back with the Caspian blue? Here's one for inspiration.....

Attachments

• 1964_00021_03.jpg
    1964_00021_03.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 230
Right on SeanW, I'm enjoying your videos and this build. Some serious metal work goin on. Its nice to see one so far gone being reborn.

Bummer about the welder though, CrapOns should last forever darn it.

Do you think you'll go back with the Caspian blue? Here's one for inspiration.....

Thanks for the words of encouragement and checking out my YouTube channel!

I'm a sucker for cars that are "too far gone". That picture is actually what mine would have looked like originally. It was Caspian Blue with white vinyl top. I'll be repainting it Caspian blue but will be going back with a painted roof. Maybe some minor updates like better brakes and suspension, but keeping it fairly original.

Sean

Reactions: 1 user
Babys got back!

The steady progress is inspiring, lets know how the harbor F. welder works out.
Thanks! I really thought long and hard about the HF welder, but for what I'm using it for, it should be just fine. And it's got a 1 yr warranty.

I'm excited to see this thing all one color, and get to the more exciting things like engine/trans. Anyone have a 289/302 and T5 for sale near the Colorado Springs, CO area?

Sean

I haven't seen that desk topper before, Its fun.
Wow serious chopping on those quarters. i usually find that the quarter is too tall by the rocker resulting in a half inch bottom door gap. So after shrinking it there everywhere else fit lots better too. It will also pull the back back up and forward. Those new pieces are never that accurate.

Looks like the HF welder is laying a nice bead down.

Ha Ha! No Fear! Just cut that old mustang and make them gaps nice!
Go! Man! Go!

Reactions: 1 user
I like your little patches, always tight and right.
Homemade lizard skin is interesting, Is the mild improvement worthwhile in your opinion?
Whats the prep for underneath it? Straight onto the DP40? Can it still be topcoat with catalyst automotive paint?
Thanks, Im off to the inter web to learn more if possible.

Think I'm more concerned with whats underneath than on top. Lots of stuff like that there is a hazardous material shipping charge + shipping if they will even send it at all out here.