1965 Mustang Fastback Shelby GT350 Clone A code 4 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkoStoj

Founding Member
Sep 4, 2002
Detroit
My brother asked me sell his car for him due to a new surprise pregnancy...even though hes excited he isn't too happy about having to sell the car. I've owned lots of these cars, personally picked this one out for him when he wanted to buy it, worked on it, and drove it...he pretty much just sat in his garage and looked at it to put a smile on his face :rlaugh:

We bought the car from a gentleman's son who had passed away. He built the car and was his baby, and gave it to his son after his passing...but unfortunately his son wasn't a car guy at all and after keeping it in the garage for years he eventually decided to sell to us. Its an original A code 289 4bbl car.

Engine is a very solid great running 289 with a high rise edelbrock dual plane intake, mild to medium cam with a good lope, holley 3310 750 carb(very very crisp throttle response, runs perfect!!!!), headers with full flowmaster exhaust(sounds very good), toploader 4 speed trans with hurst shifter, and rear limited slip. No leaks anywhere! The car has OEM Mach 1 wheels off a newer mustang with 245/45/17's all the way around and NO RUBBING AT ALL!!! The car just recieved a full inside/outside detail also. Has a grant Steering wheel with pony interior, and a new aftermarket digital cassete radio. This is a full shelby clone, its got all the shelby stuff on it including the front bumper/spoiler, fiberglass hood, striping/decals, rear seat delete with spare, shelby quarter glass windows, and late 65/66 round gauges.

The car runs and drives great, engine is very strong and starts up and runs perfectly...but the car is a driver... There are some paint chips around the car, but nothing real bad. The car will eventually need new rear leaf springs since the ones in the car now tend to give you wheel hop when you give it throttle, and there is a split seam in the drivers seat. Other then that the car is real solid and everything works!

- video
65 mustang :: CIMG1987.flv video by darkostoj - Photobucket

Looking to get $18,500 for the car. If anybody has any questions feel free to give me a call at 248-506-5916 email at [email protected]

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

_MG_5873.jpg

_MG_5874.jpg

_MG_5878.jpg

_MG_5883.jpg

_MG_5885.jpg

_MG_5887.jpg

_MG_5888.jpg

CIMG2011.jpg