Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by rusty428cj, Dec 16, 2010.
I have the major bodywork finished on the roof.
Ready for epoxy primer
I block sanded the roof, sail panels, deck lid and top of the quarters with 180 than epoxy primed again
Brian has been working on the undercarriage and finished the torque boxes he made. Before he welded the outer panel he brushed epoxy inside
you guys are doing fantastic work!
This was the first time we had it on the rotisserie and Brian cleaned up the bottom and welded some of the seams.
The frame had some dents so Brian cut them out and replaced the metal.
Two coats of SPI black epoxy
i would realy like to try that primer .cant get it here in california
they droped the brown epoxy i was using. every time i find somthing i like they drop it
You should be able to order direct from SPI
i would like that ,if california will allow it to be shiped here most automotive paints are water born and they keep taking away the primers. i will not have it on my cars. i will try for the primer
Call or email SPI 706-781-2220 www.southernpolyurethanes.com
i will ,thanks Rusty
Looking great Rusty!
This is incredible work you two! I was digging to find advice on rust repair and got sucked into this thread...I'm scared to find out what kind of rust damage my 68 has but I'm a bit excited to get this close to my car! Should be a fun and long adventure. Thanks for the incredible pictures and log of the work done. I hope things are still going together smoothly.
It is time to get this project finished.
I block sanded the body
I sprayed two coats of SPI black epoxy
Brian is modifying the doors to fix the gaps
The front fender needs a little work
Brian cut and rewelded and ground it down
It is sad what we have to do to make these new parts fit ,wasn't always that way .I remember being able to buy a new fender ,paint it and bolt it on. Not any more It's looking good Rusty.
After Brian modified the doors for a good gap I epoxy primed followed with a little bodywork
I sprayed one coat of SPI epoxy
A couple of hours later I sprayed two coats of Slick Sand polyester primer
We were not happy withe the quarter panels so I did a little more bodywork and block sanding
One coat of SPI epoxy
Two coats of Slick Sand
Labor of love and money!
I want to see the mustang restored, please upload pictures....