1967 GT500E Vert W/IRS MII Frt

Mustangmaker67

Apr 16, 2004
Indiana
Hello all, I was checking out the forums and saw all the projects. I thought I would show off the one I just finished. 1967 Vert with the Maier Eleanor kit installed. 01 Cobra IRS, Heidt's Mustang II frt suspension W/ power Rack & pinion, IDIDIT tilt steering column, Coil over shocks, Griffin aluminum Radiator, Dual Cooling fans, Ford 1 wire alt, Rear mounted power antenna, 4 wheel cobra brakes, 22 gallon fuel safe fuel tank, Aluminum driveshaft. This car was ordered and pre sold so it didn't get all the little Eleanor things, (go baby go button & NOS). No roll bar, I didn't want to cut thru both inner & outer rocker panels so it has grilles instead of exhaust outlets in the side. Turned out really nice and drives even nicer. Customer didn't want a drag car so it got a small block with the stock C4 trans. Just enough power to keep the chevys at bay. With the Heidt's front suspension he can always go with more power later. Just thought you guys might like to see her before she goes. I'm delivering her on the 27th of the month to New Jersey. I'm also showing her at the James Dean Festival's Duck Tail Run in Gas city IND. this weekend. if anyone wants to see her in person, I'll be there with her and my other 67 Fastback. or if anyone wants one built let me know I can build one with any engine, any trans, any axle, or any color, takes me about 6 months to build one. Complete Rotesserie restoration. I do all of the parts,sheetmetal fab, body work, paint, engine, interior, top, The only time it leaves my shop is when it gets Media blasted. Check out my web site at WWW.Mustangmaker.com

Attachments

• Eleanor vert Res.jpg
    Eleanor vert Res.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Frt Resized Eleanor Vert.jpg
    Frt Resized Eleanor Vert.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Sponsors (?)

Final Destination is, believe it or not. within 4 miles of where it spent most of it's life. Cherry Hill NJ. The new owner lives very close to the address I found on the original Title. The new owner had no clue of the car history or the man that bought it originally. HOw cool is that?

Attachments

• Under Eleanor resized.jpg
    Under Eleanor resized.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 185
  • Rear Resized.jpg
    Rear Resized.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 131
Mustangmaker67 said:
Final Destination is, believe it or not. within 4 miles of where it spent most of it's life. Cherry Hill NJ. The new owner lives very close to the address I found on the original Title. The new owner had no clue of the car history or the man that bought it originally. HOw cool is that?

Pretty neat. Tell the new owner that next time I am down in that area that I want to take a look. Undercarriage of the car looks amazing.

It's not Paul Andrews. I'm not sure he would like me giving out his name, so I will discuss it with him first. He is however, I new Mustang Fan. I had to explain to him how these cars were never built like this. He did know How much the White Unique Motors car sold for. And how rare a vert is at this point. Hopefully, More Eleanor verts like this will start showing up. Keeps the Mustang Strong & popular.

Keep his identity secret, just recommend he join us here!

I know Paul, as he is a major wheeler-dealer of cars in Cherry Hill, specializing in Mustangs, Shelby's, Cobras, etc. I was guessing he was fronting the car for a customer. He is always making a deal of some sort! Just a guess!

Have him bring the Car to Englishtown on Oct 16 for the Annual Ford Drags & Car Show. I'll be judging Sunday.

chepsk8 said:

I know Paul, as he is a major wheeler-dealer of cars in Cherry Hill, specializing in Mustangs, Shelby's, Cobras, etc. I was guessing he was fronting the car for a customer. He is always making a deal of some sort! Just a guess!

Have him bring the Car to Englishtown on Oct 16 for the Annual Ford Drags & Car Show. I'll be judging Sunday.

New owner has never shown cars, But he said he might consider it on this car. Where is Englishtown? let me know and I will pass it on.

chepsk8 said:

Dan,

I may be going out to Englishtown that weekend. I will look out for ya if I go. Just bring Cobrask8, I wanna see that thing.

As long as it's not raining, Cobrask8 will be there! I'll be judging!

MM-

Refer the owner to this site - www.racewaypark.com anf follow the links to the 17th Annual FORDS at Englishtown. Sunday is the big day, with 5.0, Nostalgia, and Ford drag racing, as well as the big car show. Weekend is October 15-16. The track is located about 10 miles north of Freehold, 15 miles south of New Brunswick.

See all of you there!

GAA! Logged in as D again!

Logged in as my daughter before!

(happens all the time when your daughter is into Mustangs as much as Dad! :D )

Anyway, what I typed above is so, so have him bring the car. If he has any questions, please have him contact me (e-mail - [email protected]) and I'll be happy to work with him.

Working right now on a cool stripe idea for the Cobra! :spot:

I recently purchased a 68 vert, and plan on making it a 67 Shelby . You did some nice work there!

Im still not sure weather I like the lower front valance on the Eleanors, or the little lights in the headlight buckets for that matter.

Sometimes I like it, sometimes i dont.

So Im sticking with the classic and I think prettier 67 glass.

My question to you is Im interested in putting on a IFS rack in front. Does the car have to be rotissaried to get one of those things on and right?

Heidt's IFS

If you decide to install one one these. You only need to know how to mig weld & measure. The install was much easier then installing a Rear quarter panel or floor pans. To answer question, You don't need a Rotessie. Jack stands will do. If you have a 1968 you won't have to change steering column. Overall, Very easy. But you will need to weld good. If you can't weld I would hire someone else to do it. (Body Shop). Heidt's sends very nice installation manual with the kit. Good luck!!! If you need help let me know I would be glad to walk you thru it.

Also, I just got back from NJ. New owner test drove the car like he stole it. I was very impressed myself with the handling(from the passenger seat). He loves the car and was very impressed with the way it drove & how tight it felt.

Nice work, looks good. :nice: Probably the only thing I would have done differently (aside from also preffering original Shelby glass over Eleanor) is either leave the rockers stock or modified w/o the exhaust holes or have hidden the real exhaust out back with turn downs. I respect the reason you did not make them functional 100%, I just hate seeing fake anything on a car, especially one that is detailed so nice anywhere else. Granted side scoops are usually fake but the average Joe would have to tear it apart first to prove they were not in fact cooling the brakes. Anyone however can see that no exhaust is coming out where it appears it should.

I agree, on the exhaust. I was under a deadline, which I was behind on 60 days. Customer wanted it to be as Identical as Unique motor's vert as I could make it. He wanted black & silver, I already had the IRS & IFS mocked up for a Cobra build. Next vert won't have false exhaust vents. They will be deleted all together. Along with the Air Vents between wipers. Fuel fill will be in the side with a recessed door. Like new cars. Several things will be different. Thanks for the Thought, Always like hearing from Mustang guys.