1967 Mustang Gas Tank Replacement

bullitt1939

Jul 18, 2009
I am about to replace the gas tank in my 67. I was wondering if anyone had tried the kit available from CJ Pony Parts? I was going to order the one from JCWhitey, but nothing comes with it for a lot more money. You have to buy everything else seperately. The one from CJ Pony Parts come with tank, hardware, and sending unit. I am just not sure on the quality. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought that kit for my 65. It was a good kit but, make sure you have all the parts before you start the install. It was a good thing I waited to install, they did not send the fuel sending unit till 10 days after I received the tank.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I still didn't order one yet. I am kind of wrapped up with my 95 GT right now. I have two parts cars with some eibach suspension so I am going to put it on my 95. I also have a 2001 Bullitt, a 94 GT Turbocharged and my 67s. So I stay pretty busy. I wanted to get some input from those who have replaced the gas tank before.

The words JCWhitey, and "Im going to buy from" should never been in the same sentence. Unless it was preceded by, My kid was buying some neon lights to put under his 83 honda.. Just my .02.

The words JCWhitey, and "Im going to buy from" should never been in the same sentence. Unless it was preceded by, My kid was buying some neon lights to put under his 83 honda.. Just my .02.

I'll give JCW their due. On my other, non-Mustang, I put a pair of mufflers from JCW because they were almost exactly like the originals, and I couldn't afford repros at the time, figured in a few years I'd replace them. That was 23 years ago, and they re still in perfect condition.

Alot of stuff from JCW is junk, but they do have some decent parts. I have bought quite a few things over the years from them and have always been satisfied. They do sell name brands too.