1967 Shelby GT500

Rusty / Brian

Not that I doubt your work, but are your post updates fairly in line with the progress time wise. Your first post is March 21st and the next day you had it stripped to bare metal and epoxy primed? I am just wondering if that's how the pros do it, because that is friggen lightning fast. Unless of course it took you a couple weeks and then you sat down and posted the updates, fine either way I am just trying to get some perspective, thank you in advance.

It was stripped with a razor blade a long time ago and we worked on other projects. The priming and bodywork on the body is current.

I decided to start a thread because I'm working on this while Brian is working on another project. I need to get this painted and back to my friend who owns it so he can put it together.

• Sponsors (?)

I painted the back side of the deck lid yesterday. It is hard to get a good picture showing the true color.

119.jpg

120.jpg

Rusty,
Are you spraying the main body of the car and the doors in a separate session from the hood, deck and fenders? If so, how are you making sure that the metallic comes out all even from panel to panel? I've been led to believe that metallic colors need to go on all in one shoot. Please explain.
Thanks,
Gene

Rusty,
Are you spraying the main body of the car and the doors in a separate session from the hood, deck and fenders? If so, how are you making sure that the metallic comes out all even from panel to panel? I've been led to believe that metallic colors need to go on all in one shoot. Please explain.
Thanks,
Gene

When I get the paint I make sure it is stirred real good than separate into quart cans. I make sure I mix it the same each time I spray and use the same air pressure and the gun is set the same.

The body is now green with 2 coats of clear. The owner want's white stripes but I think it looks richer without stripes and I'm trying to talk him out of stripes. My camera does not take very good pictures in the booth it almost looks black.

172.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg