1967: Special Order Paint?

So I bought a coupe as a parts car. It's very rough to say the least. VIN is still on the fender aprons and it has the door tag. It also still has the extra screwed on tag on the apron that indicates options. Here is where it gets interesting. There is no paint code on the door tag, which means it was born with special order paint. It also has been repainted at some point (dark red) but still shows pink paint in all of the hidden areas. It was originally a V8 car. Is this something special enough to save, or continue with my plan to gut and scap it? It needs all new metal; typical rust out (floors, rockers, quarters, doors, fenders.....).

• Sponsors (?)

The little investigating I just did didn't really turn up a lot of helpful info, but I did run into this post on another forum:

"I restored a 67 Playboy pink car last year and sold it at the Spring Mecum Auction. There were 200 Playmate Pink Mustangs. I have the MX mix code back at the shop. You need a blank paint code and this certain MX code to be a true Playmate pink car. Passionate pink had a separate letter code on the door tag."

I also ran into some department store in Oakland that ran a promotion of 5 pink 67s for Tussy brand lipstick. I don't know how desirable these Playboy cars are, but there certainly wasn't a lot of them. And I'm sure that there are a lot of pink Mustangs out there now, so no one would be any wiser if yours were to be restored to factory stock or anything resembling that. Probably not very helpful for you, but it is a rare car-how valuable or desirable remains to be seen......

Most of the special paint cars did have a code in the vin plate .I had a 67 coupe that was pink and it had the code for it .There was a group of cars from California called flower power cars and they had something like a 4 or 5 digit number on the vin plate ,they had some wild colors .
Is the paint code moved over on the plate ,i have seen them moved and crowding the next number on the vin plate .

Thanks for your input. The door tag has an "S" for the paint code, which I assumed was for special order, but after reading your posts and searching around I found it's "dusk rose" (pink). I still don't know about scrapping it out after I pull my parts. Maybe I'll hold onto as much of the car as I can to possibly rebuild it some day. My wife suggested a restoration and then put it into an auction for beast cancer awareness. Nice thought for a good cause, but I don't know how soon I would get to it.