1969 Heater Control Faceplate Questions

I have a 1969 convertible, no AC, with a hardly visible heater controls back light (bulb does work). I'm assuming that the bulb is like the ones in the cluster and has a filter. Is there a way to get to this via the front? If I pull the knobs, is the face plate removable? I'd like to change that filter and/or maybe even replace bulb with LED if possible. Sometimes I get stuck on the simplest things and I have a feeling that this one is simple.

• Sponsors (?)

May be a little hard to see in this pic but the bulb and socket pushes into the back of the heater controlls ,yours may have fallen out and just a little light shines through ,or the bulb or lense of the control may be dirty.
20170530_125636.jpg

Pull the radio knobs and i cant remember for sure but there may be two nuts on the two radio controls the face plate has two screws and it just pushes into place ,it pulls off .i think you will have to pull the radio out to get to the heater controll bulb.once you get the face plate off there are a couple of screws you will have to remove to get the radio out of the way but they are easy to see

Thank you for the quick reply. I know exactly what you are referring to. When I had my dash apart for the dreaded heater core, I took advantage and reached around to replace the bulb. Its in there, but after I reassembled everything I realized that there probably is a light filter in there as well and it probably is nearly opaque as my gauge cluster filters were....

So I take it there isn't any way to disassemble from the front?