Staggered shocks
8 grand tach
Power Steering
Power front disc brakes
AM/FM stereo with door speakers

Current drivetrain:
427 Side oiler w/428 crank to get a 454 motor
427 MR heads with oversize valves
Ford cam, slightly more aggressive than stock for mid-range. Exact grind/PN not remembered by owner
1967 Shelby dual-quad Intake manifold (MR) with 600 CFM carbs (C7ZX-9425-A intake)
Progressive linkgage on carbs
Aluminum Flywheel
Lakewood bellhousing
BB Top loader w/ 2.54 first gear
4.11 gears in "N" case, 31 spline axles
Of course, headers and non-stock oversized exhaust.

Currently has Magnum 500 wheels, 7" wide front, rear has custom width and offset to accomodate larger tires and keep stock look

More information:

Paul drag-raced Fords in the 1960's and 1970's in NE PA and NW NJ. He raced a 1964 Fairlane, and then a 1968 Mustang. He bought this car to race next, did the racing mods, but never actively campaigned the car. He had 4.56's in it to race, before dropping to the 4.11's in it now. The current restoration was done probably close to 15 years ago, and it still looks brand new. he only took it out to cruise nights and shows, and has 65,000 miles on the odo. Been kept in a heated garage under a cover, pampered life. I have known this car for 20+ years, always pristine and cared for.

I have driven it in the past, and will hopefully drive it this weekend. It's restored to a high level, bank vault solid. Interior is all stock with the addition of an oil pressure guage and a bracket on the clutch pedal to keep his foot on it without slipping off.

Body is also fully restored, but as noted before, the rear wheel openings are enlarged slightly to accomodate drag slicks, The current back tires are 275/15 to fill up the wheel opening. No modifications were done to the wheel houses or any interior body parts.

It's for sale now because Paul is elderly and recovering from a major ailment. He is unable to drive this car any more, and it's time to let someone else enjoy this sharp, clean, and powerful Mach 1.

It is not on e-bay, and I'm helping him sell it. If you are looking for a concours and numbers matching car, this is not one. No original parts come with it. No documented rotisserie build. It was built back in the early 1970's to run hard, strong, and fast, and it does.

I'll try to answer all questions, and only if you are truly and ready to offer can I put you in touch with the owner, as his speech is not very good any more. Owner's request.

I'll post some pics, and have many close detail pics for those who are serious.

Price is $60,000

• Sponsors (?)

Mach1RFOldpic800.jpg

Mach1LFOldpic800.jpg

Mach1RROldpic800.jpg

Attachments

• Mach1RFOldpic800.jpg
    Mach1RFOldpic800.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 312
  • Mach1LFOldpic800.jpg
    Mach1LFOldpic800.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 272