1969 Wiring Diagram

1969stangman

Oct 6, 2006
Does anyone have the 69 Mustang Wiring Diagram book? I haven't found anything online with previews etc. I have the Ford shop manual set, and I don't want to buy it if it is the same as the one of the manuals I already have (I have a few other ones). If someone could send me a file of that manual that would be great....was hoping to do the wiring on my pony, but not as confident as I was before.
Brian

• Sponsors (?)

1969stangman said:
Does anyone have the 69 Mustang Wiring Diagram book? I haven't found anything online with previews etc. I have the Ford shop manual set, and I don't want to buy it if it is the same as the one of the manuals I already have (I have a few other ones). If someone could send me a file of that manual that would be great....was hoping to do the wiring on my pony, but not as confident as I was before.
Brian

The wiring diagrams are in a separate manual.

Yeah, that definitely helps a lot. It looks like it is basically straight out of the wiring book. I don't think I will need the printed manual if I have that and these other drawings I got from another forum. I found those here (for anyone else who is interested):
http://students.washington.edu/jeischen/69wiring.zip

I have never rewired a car before, and I am kind of wondering what people normally use, and what to expect. I bought new harnesses for the headlights (which includes horns, windshield washer, and a few other bits), gauge feed, battery/alternator, and regulator. I also bought a new ignition switch with its wiring and a new switch for the head light dimmer. I got a fastener kit to hold all the wires down. The don't make a harness for under dash on 69, so I bought a universal kit to use for this and the tail light harness (the tail light harness has fewer connectors etc.).

Am I missing anything?

I may have the 69 book. If so, best I can do is Photocopy & snail mail.

If this is plausible, PM me

BTW, alot of the 69 & 69 are similar - wire colors, some switches, rear wiring, and other.