1970 Coupe Resto-Mod for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, All--

I have just finished building up a '70 Coupe, and it's now for sale.

It originally was a plain-vanilla, base V-8 car that came with P/S, P/B, A/C and automatic. It had three unusual options--a rear window defroster, radio delete and it came with a limited-slip 8" rear axle.

I have converted it over to a 5.0L HO Roller engine out of a '98 Explorer, converted it to a 4-Barrel carburetor, installed new rod & main bearings, oil pump, pickup & hardened drive, roller timing chain & gears, and put a CompCams XE258HR Hydraulic Roller in it. I also installed a set of AFR 165 heads on it, with stainless steel roller rockers & hardened pushrods.

I used Fel-Pro gaskets throughout, and used ARP Head bolts & ARP intake manifold studs.

The intake manifold is a Weiand "X-celerator" with a Holley "Street Avenger" 670CFM carburetor on top.

For ignition, I used a GM-style HEI distributor and stock late-model Motorcraft spark plug wires.

To make it more "parts friendly", I installed the accessory drive system from a Fox-body car, as well as the radiator. To cool it, I've got a pair of GM F-Body LS1 fans controlled by a SPAL PWM Fan controller--the first fan comes on at around 185 degrees, and the second one at 210 (both come on when the A/C comes on).

I upgraded the charging system to a 130-amp "3G" alternator, used 2-gauge positive & negative battery cables, a 4-gauge strap from the block to the core support, and have installed several relays to help run the accessories, such as the fan controller and the HEI coil.

To improve the light system, I installed a headlight relay kit from RJM

For the transmission, I got the 4R70W from the same vehicle, and had it overhauled; it's basically a stock overhaul with ALL of the solenoids replaced, and the EPC solenoid was upgraded to the F-150 High Pressure one.

Controlling the transmission is a "Baumannator" TCS Programmable Transmission Controller, and it can be adjusted using a laptop with a USB or serial connector.

The trans is shifted by a stock '98 Mustang shifter and cable.

I've installed a single DIN Pioneer DEH 3900MP Stereo that has an auxiliary jack on the front so that you can listen to XM Radio or your iPod, or anything else that uses that type of connector. It will come with a Delphi XT Roady portable XM radio and "Home Kit".

For speakers, the rear deck had been mutilated somewhat, but I was able to put a set of 3-way 6X9 speakers into it; I installed a pair of Infinity Reference 3-1/2" speakers in the front speaker grille in the dashpad, and put a "Bazooka" 8" powered subwoofer in the trunk right behind the rear seat.

To make the car more comfortable to drive on long trips, I installed a Rostra "MicroCruise IV" cruise control system, a pair of power windows and power door locks. I also installed an alarm system that has keyless remotes, and a power trunk release that can be activated from the button in the glovebox or from the remote.

The console I used is a Black Leather "Cruiser" "HumpHugger" aftermarket console that has two cup holders on the right side, and a leather shifter boot, as well as a storage compartment and padded armrest.

For instrumentation, I installed a set of digital gauges from Dakota Digital; you can find out more about the set at their site. I installed the optional shift selector sensor so that the gear selector would display within the gauges.

The car runs pretty good and gets pretty good mileage--I drove it from Dallas to Topeka, KS and back (and round the state to several different cities before heading back), and averaged about 22 MPG on the trip, and since it has a relatively new 22-gallon fuel tank, it's got GREAT range!

I've just posted the car on E-Bay, and you can take a look at the pictures of it there; here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190170668840

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.