1970 Mustang hood scoop lights

MattProvee

Jun 6, 2021
California
Hello, I recently purchased a 1970 Ford Mustang 351 Windsor coupe w/ automatic transmission. I am trying to put on a new hood with hood scoop, but do not understand how the turn signal lights are involved in the hood scoop. Do I have to purchase separate lights for the scoop itself? Thank you

• Sponsors(?)

StangNet created a new car social app called knowmoto! Add your Mustang or post a photo in the knowmoto app and enter for a chance at a $100 gift card from LMR. Click the LMR Logo for more about the knowmoto Mega Thread!

wicked93gs

10 Year Member
Sep 30, 2006
Nashville TN
Might help if you posted a picture of the hood you purchased. Most aftermarket scooped hoods don't have turn signals. There are however some scoops that do have turn signals like so:

1970-ford-mustang-gt-mach-1-hood-jill-reger.jpg

More of an indication for the driver to remind them their turn signal is on I guess. I never saw the point myself.

horse sence

That $5 hooker turn out to be a guy
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Wile Coyote's stunt double
It has its own harness ,lights plugged into the scoop through the bottom with a short harness ,there is a longer harness that acts as a jumper that plugs into the front lower turn signals and runs up the engine compartment harness and has a pig tail right below the master cylinder ,the scoop short harness plugs into that . Both harnesses are available