1973 Aluminum slotted wheels

otis

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2002
Alberta
I ran into a pair (only two) of 1973 ford aluminum wheels. They are the ones that were optional on the 73 mach 1's 14X7 maybe 14x6. Anyways they were taken off of a wrecked 73 mach 1 with the center caps. Just wondering if these are available repro now or if they have any value? I know most guys run magnums on everything even if its not factory correct. Thanks for your input.

• Sponsors (?)

The 73 aluminum slot wheel is NOT available new. The 5-screw center caps are, though. An excellent wheel.

mump_0811_09_z+1973_mustang_convertible_wheel+front_view.jpg

ok, here;s the scuttle butt.

there were so many peolple driving from the dealership to the wheel center to get slots,,,,,,that ford decided to have slots as their upgrade wheels instead of magnums, in 73.........

i think that they were available with cougr or mustang emblem centercaps

Mustang, Cougar, Maverick. The Maverick slot wheel was available in '74, too, while the shrunken Mustang had to use a 4-bolt version.

Notice the wheel in the photo has the Service Replacement center caps, with 3 screws. The original had 5, as does the current replacement using the original tooling.

Thanks for the info so far guys. So is there any demand/value for these? As mentioned before I know most guys run Magnums now. I do plan on cleaning these up and selling them however I don't want to get ripped off by some guy that is just going to turn around and sell them for more (and not put them on a 73). If they are not worth much I will likely just keep them for a keep sake, since I don't have any money in them right now and I think they are a nice wheel. I did just see two others (curb rashed) sell on e-bay for only $30 and then a set on Craigslist (4 of them) like new condition for over $500. Any other input/advice.