Please delete

• Sponsors (?)

As recently as a year or two ago you could still get windshields installed through commercial companies like Safelite. Don't know if that's still the case.

There look like there are a ton of them available on car-part.com (the junkyard inventory website). Half a dozen near me for <$100.

Painting is all about the prep, same as the chroming process. You have to be patient when prepping anything for finishing and get it as good as you possibly can before applying a final coat. As far as painting goes, you can always work on blemishes and repaint until you're happy with the result, but once chromed it'll be that way unless you have it re-chromed again. Of course, that also depends on how much prep work the chrome shop will do for you and how meticulous they'll be. I say keep at it, I think you'll get it figured out given some time!

How should I prep it?

Sorry man! That's a question I can't really answer. The best I can give is general info - make sure it's clean (free from dust, oil, etc.) and as straight/true as possible. What we did in an industrial paint booth was wiped everything down with MEK or acetone immediately before painting to remove any oils and made sure that there was no lint left over from our rags. Hopefully this helps a little! Otherwise you may be better off asking someone with a lot more experience with body and paint than I. What I do know is it's a tedious process when you want to get it right so patience is key.

im about to strip out my interior and do what you did, is there an easy way to do that? also, i'd like to see pics of the instal for that bumper, i hate my stock bumpers and want to tuck both of them.

I bought an episode of all girls garage. They tuck the bumpers on a mustang II

I rermember that episode

Christ Lee and tucked bumper. Look you only need 2 sockets

DRviDb5XkAAdp2c.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Instead of tucking bumper maybe extend the nose like this Galpin Ford M2. Looks like part of original opening is still there.
Maybe not.... its Just something different....

1970s-ford-mustang-california-galpin-model.jpg

I agree, It nose is a little goofy looking, but still haven't quite come around to flat face the tucked bumper has. I did smoothy fiberglass bumpers with the insert molding trim delete. Can see it in aviator~ind of.