Status
Not open for further replies.
Times have certainly changed...When Lee Malors starred in the show back in 1974, six million dollars was an astronomically huge sum of money. Now single major hospital stay can easily cost that much...

Once again, This guy nailed it:

hSxJdnk.gif

Probably why he's a genius. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Mike, please don't buy one of those hunkin piles if ish they call. Challenger. The shop I work at gets a few in a month with all types if weird electrical issue...including spontaneously cutting off.

I feel your pain. Well not literally yet since you didn't have this done but I respect your decision. It's ok to be scared. Don't have the knee issues but totally unrelated have the knee (and joint) pain. Hang in there! Having a good friend go this he's happy he did it. It will be well worth it once you've gone through it.

Mike, please don't buy one of those hunkin piles if ish they call. Challenger. The shop I work at gets a few in a month with all types if weird electrical issue...including spontaneously cutting off.
Who said that I was gonna buy a Challenger? I said IF I was to wanna buy one (a late model muscle car) I'd buy a Challenger instead of the other two...purely hypothetically speaking.

#1. If I had the budget to want that kind of payment, I'm pretty sure the car would be German.
#2. The Monster will suffice to fill my need for power...granted, no late model experience by any means, but as long as there is a Mini that fits the bill for late model reliability, I can't imagine ever wanting the 550.00 payment that'll go w/ a Challenger SRT, 5.0 Mustang, SS Camaro, or more likely, an M240 BMW.

Reactions: 1 users
Who said that I was gonna buy a Challenger? I said IF I was to wanna buy one (a late model muscle car) I'd buy a Challenger instead of the other two...purely hypothetically speaking.

#1. If I had the budget to want that kind of payment, I'm pretty sure the car would be German.
#2. The Monster will suffice to fill my need for power...granted, no late model experience by any means, but as long as there is a Mini that fits the bill for late model reliability, I can't imagine ever wanting the 550.00 payment that'll go w/ a Challenger SRT, 5.0 Mustang, SS Camaro, or more likely, an M240 BMW.

I didn't want the payment at first either. Worth it. Totally worth it. Every penny.

Reactions: 2 users
The scuttlebutt around the Ford world is the 2018 Mustang is going to have 455 hp and magnetic suspension... SRT WHAT?

The Mustang club I belong to just had our big show of the year yesterday and Ford of Canada brought the new Raptor, F-350, 2018 ecoboost Mustang and production serial #1 2018 Mustang GT and I pretty sure what the Ford guy said was 465 was the final HP number for the GT. The engine cover has been revised and widened so that it covers all the connections and bits for the direct port and manifold injection. I should have taken pictures. Major fail on my part.

Reactions: 1 user
Ohhh, I don't know....
20170731_171016.jpg

NOT having 500.00 come straight out of my ass every month would make th^^is daily driver a much different car if all of that money could be budgeted to that end..

I think those American Racing wheels you posted a while back would be a nice addition with the above statement being your game plan.

That said, I think we all know old cars as daily drivers suck. The concept is cool, but it never quite seems to work out in reality. You'll spend 500 a month keeping the damned things on the road, and then if the money isn't spent, it's time... and time=money. A good friend of mine swore to me he loved driving old cars more than new ones. Nostalgia he said. Then, landed a job making twice the bucks and went out and bought a new car. I asked why?!.... "Because I'm tired of spending all of my free time fixing broke junk so I can drive to work."

Old cars are much better for pulling out of the garage on a weekend or once a week ride to work.

If you don't believe me, ask Collin. I think he's been down that road too.. @hoopty5.0

I agree . The difference for me is that having a new, dependable "fun" (not muscle) car as a driver, and the crotchedy, finicky, pain in the ass to drive every now and then guarantees that I'll continue to keep and play w/ that car.

As soon as I'd buy a late model hot rod "replacement" for the Monster, the question would become....."Why is it that that car is in the garage again?"

And now that I finally have a great garage.....There's no way in hell that I'm using that space to store a 17 5.0/Challenger/Camaro/M240

Yeah, I sold my Belly Button a few months ago because, "why would i pay that if I have a perfectly good truck that's paid for in the driveway?"

Then the trans and transfer case took a dump. $3700 later....

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.