Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! Not that it gets any easier now. The sorting, the packing, the moving, the unpacking, more sorting...ugh, I'm tired for you and my back already hurts. I used an ozone machine on my mother in laws moldy Taurus and I was surprised how well it worked. I whole house is probably more difficult.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

That has been the best looking house yet. I have heard people having to go as far as having the HVAC ducting cleaned or replaced. I agree on the Kilz use on all paintable surfaces. As far as carpet goes....I am with you. Just a little skeptical. The man space and the garage sound great though.

Joe

Finally an actual update that has a car in it.

I wanted to take the car out for a small drive just to play. Now that it's making 10+ pounds of boost it has become a completely different animal. As you'd expect, It'll break the tires loose in second gear just as a result of the slow roll into the throttle. I'll bet I'm using less than a 1/3rd of the throttle, and it comes into boost super quick.

So I'm driving around, getting it out of low gear, (because that has become useless) and I just get it sideways at 40 MPH. It seems that it is right about where I want it to be.
I only drove the thing for a total of about 20 minutes, when I get a "pop" noise that I assumed to be a backfire. I'm thinking to myself, "maybe Steve is right,...maybe I have a hurt plug". So I call the play period off and head back home...I'm catching a smell of oil smoke, but also assume that I'm smelling the puke tank that is under the driver side venting vapor.
When I get it in the driveway,..I put it in park, and pop the hood like I always do to take a quick look to make sure everything is ok.
But it's not....As soon as I open the door and put my hand on the rocker to get out, It's wet.

With oil.

I look at the oil pressure gauge and it's reading 3 p.s.i. I give it a little throttle, and I have nothing but 3 p.s.i. it's out of oil.

I pull the thing in, shut it off, and look under it......

It's soaked, and pouring oil out from under it.
The driver side tire is dripping on the inside, and the entire driver side fender is coated and dripping. The oil cooler is suspect.

Either a line is broken, or the cooler has ruptured. The shroud that houses the cooler is actively dripping oil, It's obvious that alot of oil has also ran down the lines that go to the filter on the driver side of the engine, and when oil dripped off it hit the tire and it in turn painted the inner fender.

I check the dipstick,......nothing.

I jack the car up in the air, and remove that tire. I remove the lines to see if there an obvious break or cut in the line.....

The only thing I see is that one of the push-lock ends has pushed significantly forward. It has moved out of the hose one full barb. This end was attached to the cooler.

The cooler doesn't look like it is broken, but it is so covered in oil, you can't tell sht anyway.
So I'm still haunted by a freaking oil leak...This time a big,...giant,...freakin oil leak.

I don't know if I ran it completely out of oil,......I guess opening a drain plug will tell me that story. I don't remember how long after I heard the pop if I flogged the car. A couple of times at least, I'm thinkin.' Let's hope it's still got oil in it.

I pulled all six plugs...They're freakin' perfect.
20170514_202327_zps5hz83xvd.jpg

I don't know if I even need a stupid assed oil cooler in this car. The damn engine never seems to get hot unless it idles in traffic.
( A lot of good an A2A oil cooler does then)

I think I'm gonna re-plumb the line and omit the cooler. It'll mean that I'll end up butchering both lines because I need a fitting from each line to do that. In the grand scheme of things, I no longer trust them anyway. If I can get away w/ not using a cooler, I'll buy the fittings I need to plumb it in braided SS, and just reinstall the thing up front as a dummy.
20170514_202425_zpsmssp1hvi.jpg

Provided that the engine's not hurt.

Last edited:
Dammit man. Can't catch a break can you? Those plugs do look perfect so your tune is good, we just need to get the acceleration enrichment dialed in so you get nice crisp response without any blips.

I don't think you hurt anything those engines are darn near bulletproof.

Dammit man. Can't catch a break can you? Those plugs do look perfect so your tune is good, we just need to get the acceleration enrichment dialed in so you get nice crisp response without any blips.

I don't think you hurt anything those engines are darn near bulletproof.
I'm hoping so,...I'd hate to get it running just to have to tear it down again. I'm pretty sure it's ok though...They are about idiot proof engines.

I'm sure you'll get the car straight.

I bought a house that was owned by an old lady chain smoker with dozens of cats. I could barely stand being in it when I first bought it, the combination of smoke and cat piss was almost unbearable. First day I ripped out all the carpet retching the whole time. Ultimately I had to seal every surface that wasn't some sort of ceramic or plastic. It was a reno project anyway, so I tore out 3/4 of the walls, but those I kept got Killz/paint. I had to seal all the wood floors for the cat piss, not sure if it would've been necessary just for the smoke. The sealer was a shellac based product. Used it on all the finished wood floors and the subflooring before putting carpet back on. I didnt' reno the bathroom because it had been done at some point. I did scrub it down with about every cleaner I could find to get the yellow smoke stains off of everything. Ultimately the house smelled fine.

Edit: **** = cat #1, not cat deuce. These days when I walk into a house that has a cat box, it is sort of like smelling Jose Cuervo. The memories of retching while removing the carpeting, and even worse sanding the floors, just comes flowing back.

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll get the car straight.

I bought a house that was owned by an old lady chain smoker with dozens of cats. I could barely stand being in it when I first bought it, the combination of smoke and cat **** was almost unbearable. First day I ripped out all the carpet retching the whole time. Ultimately I had to seal every surface that wasn't some sort of ceramic or plastic. It was a reno project anyway, so I tore out 3/4 of the walls, but those I kept got Killz/paint. I had to seal all the wood floors for the cat ****, not sure if it would've been necessary just for the smoke. The sealer was a shellac based product. Used it on all the finished wood floors and the subflooring before putting carpet back on. I didnt' reno the bathroom because it had been done at some point. I did scrub it down with about every cleaner I could find to get the yellow smoke stains off of everything. Ultimately the house smelled fine.
Or you got so used to the smell that you didn't notice it anymore...

Well,.....there was still oil in it....

If you can consider 2-3 Qts. adequate.

I have magnets all through this engine. There are 3 jrichker approved small ones on the pan floor, and all three drain plugs have built in ones. When I drained the oil, the two out rigger plugs had small chunks of who knows what clinging to them. Could be junk that fell in as a result of my last tear-down when I resealed the engine.
I'll never know for sure.

What I do know for sure is that again, the filter looked clean. Since bearing material is non-magnetic, I'm gonna assume that I still have bearings in place, where they're supposed to be.
So,.....I'm thinkin that's a good thing?

The second thing I know for sure is that the oil cooler did not rupture, and it'll hold 100 p.s.i. Of air pressure.
image.jpeg

I backed it down to 70 p.s.i. For this pic, so it wouldn't blow my rigged up pressure testing barb out of that linked hose.
I also now know for sure that the problem is these pieces of sht.
image.jpeg

Specifically, that black hose. The constant drip that was always hanging from the pump/filter has to have always been coming from that loose fitting. Evidently despite their rated 300 p.s.i. burst rating, they either don't like heat, or they don't like oil, ( again rated to handle both) or it was simply a hose end failure...

But I also know this for sure....

I ain't using them again.
That'll mean 10' of -10 braided, and probably 75-100.00 worth of fittings before I can drive it again...

But thankfully,...I think I'll be able to do that...

Good, ole indestructible 250 6 banger.......who needs stinkin oil anyway?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Man.....I can't wait for the whole house selling/buying crap to be over, and get back to some degree of normalcy.:nonono:
I mean I can't even leave a pair of shoes laying around anymore because of the constant state of ready that we have to have this house in...It's literally too freakin abby-normal for me.

That all ended yesterday.

What seems like forever ago since we listed this house for sale has netted us a serious full price offer, followed up by the immediate house inspection of this place ordered by that buyer...I think that barring any unreasonable major fix that the buyer requests that will break this deal, I can safely say that we have a contract to sell, and at the same time,...a contract to buy.

What's it been?.........Three weeks?

Now I'm not saying that that's the whole sum of this process, because we've been looking to buy now for months..There have actually been three houses that we've tried to buy...

The brand new small one in the Ghetto.....
The sprawling old one w/ the red barn and aluminum wiring...
And now the smoked in new(er) one w/ a three car garage and a man cave.

Yeah,.......Smoked in. I mean it freakin reeks.

Call me very skeptical that the seller will ever be able to get that house to a acceptable breathable level, but the contract stipulates that she does. In case she cant, she has set aside an additional 5k for us to use expressly for that purpose.

When you google things like cigarette smoke remediation, you get all kinds of remedies and testimonials.....mostly you get fails.
Nicotine permeates every inch of everything, clings to everything. The solutions out there involve washing down every inch of the inside from top to bottom w/ either vinegar/water, ammonia/water, or the nuclear option,.....trisodium phosphate/water. Opening the place, running fans and airing the house out, cleaning the carpet (4 bedrooms worth),

But there are just as many testimonials out there saying that that didn't work either.

Other procedures involve a process of using an ozone machine, but we "ozone" cars all the time. That sht don't work either.

People out there say that the entire house has to be cleaned first, then primed w/ Kilz, then painted. Carpet has to be steam cleaned, or removed,and replaced and all window coverings cleaned/laundered/replaced and THEN ozoned before the house will ever begin to take on any neutral odor....and all we have is a measly 5k to do that with....

Meh,......I'm not feeling that......... But then again, you don't know my wife.
She's convinced that we can just "clean" the odor away. And we have Mexicans that she can pay to do it.

Maybe she's right.

She said this house would sell at full price and it did. She said that our contingent buyer would sell her house, and she did. (in one day,....for cash) Right now based on those stats, I can't tell her sht.....I've been the naysayer on both counts.
So that means we go forward.

Nothing returns to normal though....Next comes the process of repairing anything that her inspection has picked apart,...packing all of our junk up,....and then the move. All in the next 30 days.

But there is a bright side for me in all of this.....Two separate garages, (Up and down) and a dedicated "male" space.
229d464684ce086479f690f38061c9dfl-m29xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Go through that door...and there'll be a Monster in there.
229d464684ce086479f690f38061c9dfl-m30xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

What looks like a tool box is actually a sink/counter. There's a "I'm too filthy to come inside" full bathroom behind the red wall.

It's the new "Monster Manor"...Just waiting on My audio system, a 60" LED TV, a couple of arm chairs and a sleeper/sofa.:banana:

229d464684ce086479f690f38061c9dfl-m0xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

All on one level,...built in 1996,...out of Big Bad Wolf resistant brick and stone.

Hold on Monster,......30 more days,.....and it'll be me and you again,......like peas and carrots.
Do you get to keep the guit-fiddles too??? Looks like a pretty sweet pad...

The real answer to the "Is there any engine damage?" question is SOAP - Spectrometric Oil Analysis Program. A couple of capfuls of engine oil gets dumped into a single use glass container provided by the testing facility. Fill out the paperwork, ship it off to the SOAP Lab along with a convenient method of payment.
See http://www.spectro.in/Spectrometric-Oil-Analysis.html for more information.

Lets stay off track tonight on Mikes thread shall we....

I have 3 new favorite words tonight....

1. Obstruction
2. Of
3. Justice

It's been 3.5 months since the flaming orange comet head entered our airspace...It's finally starting to burn up.

What a great day.

New chant for today....Lock him Up!

Oh, here we go....I swore I wouldn't giggle like a little girl if this came up in conversation......oh jeez, I can't...
IMG_0661.JPG

Stop Mike, STOP....I'll get the hiccups!
It's alright Dave,..You keep hangin on.

To a president that closes the door to the American Media,..so you can get your updates from TASS.
To a buffoon that releases potentially confidential, more than likely classified information to only those Russians, and as soon as the door opens,..people run to stem the bleeding at the CIA, and NSA.
To a flaming moron that cannot for the life of him stay off twitter. And then threaten to fire his entire press staff because they cannot get on the same page to try and explain what "he meant to say."

This guy is dirty,...he lies about the lies he tells, despite the fact that there is video of his mouth moving while he said it.

He is an imbecile of the grandest scope. It's alright that he doesn't disclose the source of his financial contacts, investments, or potential conflicts in the office of president of the US. But you would have to disclose the income that you'll potentially make on this side job elsewise be guilty of lying to the IRS.

His Children are so close to running the White House, they have to invent a new definition for anti-nepotism.

Keep on giggling Dave,..I'm gonna dance myself.

On that fckers grave

Lets stay off track tonight on Mikes thread shall we....

I have 3 new favorite words tonight....

1. Obstruction
2. Of
3. Justice

It's been 3.5 months since the flaming orange comet head entered our airspace...It's finally starting to burn up.

What a great day.

New chant for today....Lock him Up!

It's alright Dave,..You keep hangin on.

To a president that closes the door to the American Media,..so you can get your updates from TASS.
To a buffoon that releases potentially confidential, more than likely classified information to only those Russians, and as soon as the door opens,..people run to stem the bleeding at the CIA, and NSA.
To a flaming moron that cannot for the life of him stay off twitter. And then threaten to fire his entire press staff because they cannot get on the same page to try and explain what "he meant to say."

This guy is dirty,...he lies about the lies he tells, despite the fact that there is video of his mouth moving while he said it.

He is an imbecile of the grandest scope. It's alright that he doesn't disclose the source of his financial contacts, investments, or potential conflicts in the office of president of the US. But you would have to disclose the income that you'll potentially make on this side job elsewise be guilty of lying to the IRS.

His Children are so close to running the White House, they have to invent a new definition for anti-nepotism.

Keep on giggling Dave,..I'm gonna dance myself.

On that fckers grave
Thanks Mike.

Reminding me of my tax liabilities too concerning side work.

What a full service restaurant you are.

You're serious enough with that Mike, I'll leave you alone. Hope you get your monster running.

Tell Kate I said Hi.

Thanks Mike.

Reminding me of my tax liabilities too concerning side work.

What a full service restaurant you are.

You're serious enough with that Mike, I'll leave you alone. Hope you get your monster running.

Tell Kate I said Hi.
I wasn't reminding you of anything Dave,...I was merely stating the double standard. I told Kate you said Hi,
Have a goodday Dave.

To coin a proverb:
"You may not be my friend, but there are times when your enemies are my enemies and we can work together"

Where did I get that idea? Its WWII, Feb, 4-11 1945 and Winston Churchill, Franklin Roosevelt, and Joseph Stalin meet at Yalta to discuss what to do about post war Nazi Germany. Stalin definitely was not a friend of Great Britain and the USA, but in this case a common problem, Germany brought them together on a friendly manner.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yalta_Conference for more information.

Russia and the USA may not be on friendly terms, but both countries recognize that they have a common enemy and that they can work together to help reduce the threat to both countries. Russia has several close neighboring countries that have a predominately Moslem population with the corresponding problems from the Moslem extremists. They are sitting right on top of the problem, while we are somewhat isolated at this time.

IF an exchange on this subject had happened, it would not have damaged U.S. security.

If you are still having problems, see "It didn't happen" http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...ecurity-adviser-i-was-in-room-it-didnt-happen
BBC is the British Broadcasting Company and has no particular political agenda in regards with Pres. Trump

Reactions: 4 users
Well,...There is braided stuff where there was rubber stuff. Braided hose does NOT wanna go where the old junk was though. It is far less supple and refuses to bend. Originally I ordered all Summit branded junk, and they ended up back-ordering the hose on me.

Perfect,......I'll just pretend to change out the stuff. WTH do I need hoses ends for w/o the hose to put them on?

The next day (Cause I get all stuff from Summit in one day...I'm so close) I substitute the Summit branded hose for Russell. It got here yesterday.
It works,..but the Summit end goes together very tightly.

The Chinese oil cooler got hurt in the change out though...trying to thread the hose ends onto the junk chinee-aluminum -10 nipples while hanging from the bumper caused a cross thread incident on both ends of the cooler. After several attemps, and alot of "through gritted teeth" Mutley cussing
hqdefault.jpg

I get it to go on there.
Whether or not it's gonna seal,.........I'll leave that accessible until after I get it running again.

I'm puttin synthetic oil in it again,..this time a 10-40.Hopefully, that'll fix the oil pressure weirdness that happened when it got hot a couple of weeks ago.
I just need to install the six plugs, and fill it up to see what I have here,...but I also got a giant problem w/the roof to fix first. If there is anytime left over the next 3 days.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.