Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest a 40psi Hobbs switch in the line that feeds the nozzle. A simple t fitting will make this happen.

NO(normally open) _/_ Hobbs switch gets ground to one pin and the other goes to pe1 or PAO on the board (will need to check for ms2) this is an hardware input trigger to the ecu. So when the Hobbs switch sees 40psi in the meth line it sends a signal to the ecu saying we have spray action this is linked to the table switch function.
No pressure no table switching, this covers you if the pump doesn't work or the fuse blows or your just out of fluid.
This is failsafe.
And I appreciate that as always...

But I am not gonna go quite so anal on that. Considering that they ( Snow performance) only include their little mini-map adjustable boost switch, and the unit has a low level warning light, the fact that I'm tying it into my ecu, and setting several conditions that enable operation of the thing, and watching that low level light,.....I'm well ahead.

It's supposed to maintain pressure in the line I'm guessing? Once tested? I understand that you want the Hobbs switch as a fail safe so that the line is pressurized before the water starts flowing, but At 200 psi line pressure, water-meth flow is gonna be pretty much instant as it is.

I know that I can remove the ECU.....I. Know that I can tie in an input from the low level switch light that starts cutting spark, or boost duty, or switches to a N/A version of the table or all three..maybe one day I'll do that.

But I'm lazy. I don't wanna take the damn thing apart again.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

You know the guy?....the one that comes to your little hangout and just blathers on about inconsequential bull sht?
He goes on about how he did this, or how he did that, offers his opinion on just about everything and anything, and nobody gives a rats red bunion hole about any of it?

Im that guy.

Spent the day in the garage installing my water meth kit ( that nobody around here has done... not counting you Steve)) Not that nobody has a high compression engine,..not that there's nobody trying to get by with a pump gas tune while using a centri SC that isn't working for them, nobody spraying 300 hp worth of nitrous, wondering how they can most out of their combo....

Nobody doing nothin, cept slashing around in a stock,..100 k 5.0....

Does anybody check in?

" Hey Mike!! Wondering how the install went/ is going,...thinking about doing something like this myself, I'll be watching, to see how it all goes"

Nobody?

Again,,..It's because I'm that guy. It wouldn't matter if I started a thread claiming that I'm gonna get rid of the cat, eliminate the Magnaflow muffie and route the exhaust straight out through the hood,....
and even if I post pics of fire blowing out of the hood through that pipe,.....

This thread would be at the bottom by the end of the day.

Let's forget the tech part...nothing that I do will carry over to a belly button anyway,..so anything tech related in this thread is one off....no possible Windsor take offs here.. But...

What about the witty commentary?

I do this for you guys,...every time I write something here, it's filled with all kinds of hidden innuendo, peppered with nifty references to days gone by,...jammed with self deprication as a testimonial to my bone head status,..proving to the collective, that despite outward appearances,.....I'm still just a squirrel, trying to get a nut.

Yet, despite my best laid plans for the mice, and you men....something updated in the AM,...is competing to be off the page by the PM.

Beaten to death by a muffler thread, a how much HP thread,...an engine swap in a limo thread....

It's because I'm that guy isn't it?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
You know the guy?....the one that comes to your little hangout and just blathers on about inconsequential bull sht?
He goes on about how he did this, or how he did that, offers his opinion on just about everything and anything, and nobody gives a rats red bunion hole about any of it?

Im that guy.

Spent the day in the garage installing my water meth kit ( that nobody around here has done... not counting you Steve)) Not that nobody has a high compression engine,..not that there's nobody trying to get by with a pump gas tune while using a centri SC that isn't working for them, nobody spraying 300 hp worth of nitrous, wondering how they can most out of their combo....

Does anybody check in?

" Hey Mike!! Wondering how the install went/ is going,...thinking about doing something like this myself, I'll be watching, to see how it all goes"

Nobody?

Again,,..It's because I'm that guy. It wouldn't matter if I started a thread claiming that I'm gonna get rid of the cat, eliminate the Magnaflow muffie and route the exhaust straight out through the hood,....

Let's forget the tech part...nothing that I do will carry over to a belly button anyway,..so anything tech related in this thread is one off....no possible Windsor take offs here.. But...

I do this for you guys,...every time I write something here, it's filled with all kinds of hidden innuendo, peppered with nifty references to days gone by,...jammed with self deprication as a testimonial to my bone head status,..proving to the collective, that despite outward appearances,.....I'm still just a squirrel, trying to get a nut.

Yet, despite my best laid plans for the mice, and you men....something updated in the AM,...is competing to be off the page by the PM.

Beaten to death by a muffler thread, a how much HP thread,...an engine swap in a limo thread....

Lol Mike you and me bud, i have to literally dig my thread up from two pages back the next day... I wish I had your way with words sir the way you can weave a tail is astonishing. I can regurgitate information at will and sometimes put it in terms others can understand. It gets boring.... I'm a fact guy I know that and so do those who come through my thread.
Got some pics of the install? Bet it looks better than mine

Yup....

Just joking, Mike

Steve chimed in. Isn't that worth sumfthin' ?

Water meth is out of my league right now. Personally, I don't like the stuff. I've pulled intakes off of cars that used that stuff. One of them was gummed up pretty bad from using washer fluid. Spraying liquid into an engine just makes me cringe a little.

The sudden release of pressure causes temps to drop...correct ?

Why can't some mad man invent a line that sprays pressurized air on the intercooler ? Shop air 90psi is pretty cold spraying out a small nozzle.

Better yet.. run ac into the the turbo inlet.

I'm just pulling your chain. I understand the usefulness of water meth and boost temps. I'm watching your thread multiple times a day.

Stop bein' such a lonely grouch. You've got sumpfthin' ta say....just say it. What's wrong... cat got your tongue ?

How'd it go ? Does it work ? Are the instructiones in englais ?

:stir::stir::stir::pop::pop::pop::pop:

You may have not noticed on my build thread Mike, your build is just slightly ahead of mine. By the time I get to actually driving Scuby I probably will be considering what you're doing now.

Stop being so btchy and just get it done so I can copy your work in a couple of years:D.

Yup....

Just joking, Mike

Water meth is out of my league right now. Personally, I don't like the stuff. I've pulled intakes off of cars that used that stuff. One of them was gummed up pretty bad from using washer fluid. Spraying liquid into an engine just makes me cringe a little.

Why can't some mad man invent a line that sprays pressurized air on the intercooler ? Shop air 90psi is pretty cold spraying out a small nozzle.

I'm just pulling your chain. I understand the usefulness of water meth and boost temps. I'm watching your thread multiple times a day.

Stop bein' such a lonely grouch. You've got sumpfthin' ta say....just say it. What's wrong... cat got your tongue ?

Scott, you should check out the compressed air injectors that act as a forced induction/air coolant. You use something like a scuba tank with its 120lbs of pressure to boost your engine.

Since the air is already compressed, there's no heat from the compression. Just ultra low temp, dense air pressured into your intake.

Well I don't know what to say most of the time unless it's some lame attempt at humor, I really think you ignore me most of the time like that kid nobody really likes because he don't know crap from chrome, but thats ok, some day I'm gonna show up at your door wear'n baggy pants and my hat thats too big sideways on my head and a six pack of dirty bastard or some other odd named beer or whiskey.
Look only 6670 posts, lame dude.

Most of the :poo: you do I have no experience with, so there isnt much I can say. And I know how you feel about the "good work", "keep it up" posts. Sorry bud, pick a new set of wheels or something I can voice an opinion about...
Hey! What’s wrong with the “good work, keep it up posts”?

I usually mean just that and if I had anything intelligent to offer, I would offer it.

Otherwise I mean to support what you’re doing and I’m usually impressed by the work done.

And, no, I’m not being sensitive, so you can just shut up!:zombie:

Im that guy.

Does anybody check in?

Nobody?

The fact that you aren't doing the cookie cutter clutter stuff that clogs up the forum is why your posts go off the edge of planet Stangnet. After all, it is flat just like planet earth, you know. :rolleyes:
Who and what can compare or even begin to try to do what you have done. It is easier to ask questions about mufflers, wheels and bolt on items that they can buy and install in an afternoon, or even pay to have someone else do it. The phrase "My mechanic" irritates me to no end.

So they ask endless questions that would be answered by a simple Google search, or heaven forbid, some real thought put into finding an answer. That's why I keep posing the same old checklist procedures and tech notes over and over again. Many of these are stickies or resources that can be found by a simple search.

Therefore, take pride and comfort in the fact that you have done what very few people have done, and done it well. Join the ranks of Charles Lindbergh and Sir Frank Whittle; explore, build and be first at something not mundane or common.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! What’s wrong with the “good work, keep it up posts”?

I usually mean just that and if I had anything intelligent to offer, I would offer it.

Otherwise I mean to support what you’re doing and I’m usually impressed by the work done.

And, no, I’m not being sensitive, so you can just shut up!:zombie:

Mike had once said if all you can come up with is good job, keep it up, nice work, then its not really worth the comment.

The fact that you aren't doing the cookie cutter clutter stuff that clogs up the forum is why your posts go off the edge of planet Stangnet. After all, it is flat just like planet earth, you know. :rolleyes:
Who and what can compare or even begin to try to do what you have done. It is easier to ask questions about mufflers, wheels and bolt on items that they can buy and install in an afternoon, or even pay to have someone else do it. The phrase "My mechanic" irritates me to no end.

So they ask endless questions that would be answered by a simple Google search, or heaven forbid, some real thought put into finding an answer. That's why I keep posing the same old checklist procedures and tech notes over and over again. Many of these are stickies or resources that can be found by a simple search.

Therefore, take pride and comfort in the fact that you have done what very few people have done, and done it well. Join the ranks of Charles Lindbergh and Sir Frank Whittle; explore, build and be first at something not mundane or common.

Some machine guns, and he's done. :shrug:

Mike had once said if all you can come up with is good job, keep it up, nice work, then its not really worth the comment.
Yeah, I’ve read things like that here.

Then again, he makes posts like this last one here because he’s getting car lonely and wants to stir the pot to see what floats to the top.

So this is the best opportunity really for us to offer good job Mike, keep it up:nice:.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol Mike you and me bud, i have to literally dig my thread up from two pages back the next day... I wish I had your way with words sir the way you can weave a tail is astonishing. I can regurgitate information at will and sometimes put it in terms others can understand. It gets boring.... I'm a fact guy I know that and so do those who come through my thread.
Got some pics of the install? Bet it looks better than mine

My "way with words" isn't any different than yours Steve,..I've just had 32 more years than you to refine it. It takes me forever to write out some of the updates I post because of the constant "post & edit" routine I go through Everytime. If you had the power of Da Noobz, you'd be able to see how many times I edit everything I say.
Yup....
Just joking, Mike

There is at least one company that sold a system where an oval ring was mounted on the face of an A2A I/C, and nitrous was used to freeze the ring.. stupid waste actually,...#1. If you're gonna go through the hassle of mounting a nitrous system, plumbing, and wiring it,...THEN have to pay to fill the damn bottle,...it really seems stupid that you'd waste the HP benefit by spraying it all out in the atmosphere. Of the two benefits realized from using Nitrous, one of them is the fact that it boils at -129F. if I was gonna go through the hassle of using nitrous on a boosted engine, I wouldn't waste it trying to cool an intercooler. As to your experiences with gummed up water meth engines,...Yesterday I re-read my install instructions about what is, and isn't acceptable as fluid to use in the system...check my update on that at the bottom..

You may have not noticed on my build thread Mike, your build is just slightly ahead of mine. By the time I get to actually driving Scuby I probably will be considering what you're doing now.

Stop being so btchy and just get it done so I can copy your work in a couple of years:D.

That don't stop me from chiming in to offer up some tidbit of my vast encyclopedic wealth of knowledge..;)
Well I don't know what to say most of the time unless it's some lame attempt at humor, I really think you ignore me most of the time like that kid nobody really likes because he don't know crap from chrome, but thats ok, some day I'm gonna show up at your door wear'n baggy pants and my hat thats too big sideways on my head and a six pack of dirty bastard or some other odd named beer or whiskey.
Look only 6670 posts, lame dude.
The last time that happened, the guy painted my car for me...are you a painter too?

Most of the :poo: you do I have no experience with, so there isnt much I can say. And I know how you feel about the "good work", "keep it up" posts. Sorry bud, pick a new set of wheels or something I can voice an opinion about...

Again,..there's other stuff inside not related to the thread...ever eat a box of Cracker Jack?

Uhhh...me an Lindbergh have something in common?...Hmmmmm...He was the first to solo a plane across the Atlantic....and he was filthy rich....Maybe I can be the first to solo the monster across the state? But I'll need money to do that. Can I borrow 100 bucks?:rolleyes:

Yes I have,...that's what "like" buttons are for.

Some machine guns, and he's done. :shrug:
If that's what it takes to get you to contribute here,..ill make that commitment to you here and now..." Someday, I'll put machine guns on the Monster."

Yeah, I’ve read things like that here.

Then again, he makes posts like this last one here because he’s getting car lonely and wants to stir the pot to see what floats to the top.

So this is the best opportunity really for us to offer good job Mike, keep it up:nice:.
See Dave, it's almost like we're twins or somethin' ...You seem to know me better than I do.:rolleyes:
I’m still waiting for pictures of said install.:shrug:

Give me a minute Rags....I'm doin stuff here..

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.