Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

So....Mike....what have you done to the Monster today ?:cool:
I'm working today...the monster will have to get along w/o me.

Depending on how early I get up tomorrow, and if I feel like doing anything at that time, I could finish the meth inj. system install. But once the wife's up,....it'll be game over.
After that, the next day off will be Sunday and Monday...depending on where I am with the install, and what I start with on the tune....( going to lean out the AFR,..add timing) and if it isn't raining...I'm gonna get out and start messing with the car after that...

Here's hoping that the SE doesn't experience a man-made seismic event on Sunday....
Nuclear-Explosion.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
OMG, like a teenage girl no getting enough Snap Chats. All I know if I miss 2 or 3 days checking this out, I then have pages of responses to look thru. I start to post a witty reply and say aw :poo: there's 2 more unread pages and sure enough someone already beat me to it 3 days ago.

Driving 13.5 hrs to Corpus Christi to see my 85 yr old dad a few weeks ago, I had to switch to comedy on Pandora to keep from falling asleep. Katt Williams has some advice for you Mike.

You don't have to be an actual Pimp to be a Pimp. Being a Pimp means you run things YOUR way and don't take :poo: from anyone else.

You ARE a Pimp. Maybe you have the 12" glass stacks with gold fish in them and a purple velour suit. Maybe you don't. B U T, you do right??!!??

If you want to put a Wright Cyclone radial engine in the Monster, you'll make it work. You're pretty self deprecating, but in the end you always seem to end up (maybe after 4 or 5 tries) getting the job done.

Except for the machine guns. I'm with Noobz, in wanting the MaDuece mounted by Christmas!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Ok then...Unlike the Liar in Chief,..I actually had a " working holiday".

It meant sneaking downstairs at 7:30 AM,...but if you're actually gonna work on your working holiday, it will require doing something more than talking about it.

I put the other shock together, and put it on the car..The old setting on the shocks before had 2.5" of thread showing beneath, and because the intent was to raise the ride height in the rear an inch, it made sense that I crank the spanner nut up on the threads another inch to accomplish that.

* I'm saying this while touching my thumb to my index finger, and holding the other three fingers straight up in the air. You can " believe me" when I tell you that I will change that hand gesture to " index finger straight up while touching thumb to second finger. Then finally, holding hand open, while I brag about how many things I've done, that I haven't done.:rolleyes:

I took the throttle body off to see if there were metal shavings in the throat of the intake manifold.
image.jpeg

There wasn't anything visible....until I removed the injection nozzle.

Then this chunk of sht fell from the threads.
image.jpeg

I'm thinking that woulda been a bad thing...almost surely likely to get jammed between the intake, or exhaust valve seats...so,...justification for tearing that apart.
image.jpeg

There's barely any material there to thread the nozzle into, but it is threaded nonetheless.

image.jpeg

The pipe plug is plugging the hole that used to have a pipe nipple when I was trying to run a PCV system. After bailing on that failed plan, I couldn't reach the fitting to plug the damn thing properly, so up until today there was a plugged hose just stuffed up under there..In the end there was more than one reason to remove this assembly.

image.jpeg

Pay no attention to the foot trying to photobomb my shot....

I'm pretty convinced that I'm gonna remove this thing now...I will only have make a section of 3" tubing equivalent to a simple 90, excepting that if I do this, I'll probably weld the elbow that has the BOV onto that 90, and make it one solid piece. I have a plan for the recirculating system that will in effect be tied to the AC switch. The two radiators in the rear will be used to augment the existing cooling system when the AC compressor kicks on. I'll use a electronically controlled heater control valve that will open, and start circulating engine system water as soon as the AC system is turned on., so I won't lose anything in my original design intent.

So I got that going for me.............Which is nice.

I spent the rest of the morning wiring the system...
image.jpeg

The trunk is just gonna have to get the same treatment that I did for the red car,..and I'm gonna build a box around this mess, and on the side where the battery is, and upholster it. But that'll be low on the totem pole for planned monster mods.

image.jpeg

Not a light I wanna see when my foot is on the floor.

image.jpeg

Ran out of time before the wife started "reminding" me that it was 12:30, and Thankgiving day..the only thing remaining is to hook up the trigger wire to the relay board, and run some water through the system to be sure the nozzle properly atomizes the incoming mixture, and put the rest of the thing back together. That is IF I don't decide to eliminate the intercooler.

I couldn't check the ride height because I've got the left front tire removed, and the Jack stand is tweaking the chassis,....so......

To remove, or not to remove the intercooler...that is the question.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    614.6 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: 3 users
Ok then...Unlike the Liar in Chief,..I actually had a " working holiday".

It meant sneaking downstairs at 7:30 AM,...but if you're actually gonna work on your working holiday, it will require doing something more than talking about it.

I put the other shock together, and put it on the car..The old setting on the shocks before had 2.5" of thread showing beneath, and because the intent was to raise the ride height in the rear an inch, it made sense that I crank the spanner nut up on the threads another inch to accomplish that.

* I'm saying this while touching my thumb to my index finger, and holding the other three fingers straight up in the air. You can " believe me" when I tell you that I will change that hand gesture to " index finger straight up while touching thumb to second finger. Then finally, holding hand open, while I brag about how many things I've done, that I haven't done.:rolleyes:

I took the throttle body off to see if there were metal shavings in the throat of the intake manifold.
image.jpeg

There wasn't anything visible....until I removed the injection nozzle.

Then this chunk of sht fell from the threads.
image.jpeg

I'm thinking that woulda been a bad thing...almost surely likely to get jammed between the intake, or exhaust valve seats...so,...justification for tearing that apart.
image.jpeg

There's barely any material there to thread the nozzle into, but it is threaded nonetheless.

image.jpeg

The pipe plug is plugging the hole that used to have a pipe nipple when I was trying to run a PCV system. After bailing on that failed plan, I couldn't reach the fitting to plug the damn thing properly, so up until today there was a plugged hose just stuffed up under there..In the end there was more than one reason to remove this assembly.

image.jpeg

Pay no attention to the foot trying to photobomb my shot....

I'm pretty convinced that I'm gonna remove this thing now...I will only have make a section of 3" tubing equivalent to a simple 90, excepting that if I do this, I'll probably weld the elbow that has the BOV onto that 90, and make it one solid piece. I have a plan for the recirculating system that will in effect be tied to the AC switch. The two radiators in the rear will be used to augment the existing cooling system when the AC compressor kicks on. I'll use a electronically controlled heater control valve that will open, and start circulating engine system water as soon as the AC system is turned on., so I won't lose anything in my original design intent.

So I got that going for me.............Which is nice.

I spent the rest of the morning wiring the system...
image.jpeg

The trunk is just gonna have to get the same treatment that I did for the red car,..and I'm gonna build a box around this mess, and on the side where the battery is, and upholster it. But that'll be low on the totem pole for planned monster mods.

image.jpeg

Not a light I wanna see when my foot is on the floor.

image.jpeg

Ran out of time before the wife started "reminding" me that it was 12:30, and Thankgiving day..the only thing remaining is to hook up the trigger wire to the relay board, and run some water through the system to be sure the nozzle properly atomizes the incoming mixture, and put the rest of the thing back together. That is IF I don't decide to eliminate the intercooler.

I couldn't check the ride height because I've got the left front tire removed, and the Jack stand is tweaking the chassis,....so......

To remove, or not to remove the intercooler...that is the question.

Impressive progress on a holiday morning mike. :)
What would be the bennifit of removing the intercooler?
And-Happy Thanksgiving Mike, hope you and the family have a good day

She didn't win. I expect that she'll be wearing a new suit soon. :shrug: Cool thing is, they're unisex. :)
It has nothing to do with that.
And contrary to popular belief, that isn't the issue with a lot of people either. The people I know have a problem with a self serving, snake holding the most powerful office in the world while managing to lie more, and mis-represent the truth in 11 months than any Clinton has in a an entire career.

If anybody needs a bullet it's that guy.

Impressive progress on a holiday morning mike. :)
What would be the bennifit of removing the intercooler?
And-Happy Thanksgiving Mike, hope you and the family have a good day
Andddd the same to you.

It serves no purpose now. The water meth will require such an aggressive tune to the "unsafe zone" that I'll never be able to run without it once I go down that path. And water meth will cool better than any intercooler, even if I ice down my reservoir. ( you are after all spraying water in the engine). That thing weighs about 20 pounds dry, and maybe 30 once it's full of water. Intercoolers are slight restrictions to airflow with some better and some worse,...an A2W intercooler is supposed to show the smallest boost drop for whatever reason,...but there'd be none if it was a straight pipe.

Last edited:
The people I know have a problem with a self serving, snake holding the most powerful office in the world while managing to lie more, and mis-represent the truth in 11 months than any Clinton has in a an entire career.

LOLz

Keep holding that torch man. You just described the Clinton Foundation. I do agree that their record impressive. :O_o:

How is that Russian collusion and sexual harassment thing working out for ya?

LOLz

Keep holding that torch man. You just described the Clinton Foundation. I do agree that their record impressive. :O_o:

How is that Russian collusion and sexual harassment thing working out for ya?

I'm not gonna get into an argument with you Noobz,..if you don't mind a blind man driving you around, sit in back, and enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.