Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikey, Mikey, Mikey. You went and mentioned your '68 fox inthe wheel thread, so I had to take a stroll down memory lane. Man I tell ya. Im about ready to ship my car to you to have you do a hatch version of this.

126611-5381b28aa7f60a8942bc2431ee3a6e85.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey. You went and mentioned your '68 fox inthe wheel thread, so I had to take a stroll down memory lane. Man I tell ya. Im about ready to ship my car to you to have you do a hatch version of this.

126611-5381b28aa7f60a8942bc2431ee3a6e85.jpg
I don't work on other peoples cars.....I don't even have the time and energy to work on my own junk.

Speaking of which......

I'm gonna have to re-neg on my plan to be close enough to consider a restart by end of the day today....

An old customer found me, and she is helpless. Lightning got their home theater equipment, and now I gotta go over there and replace what is damaged.

It'll be at least a couple of hours.......It could be half of a day. But........there's money in it. How much is YTD, at least 150.00, could be as much as 500.00

For half a day...

I'd be stupid to say no to it.

Reactions: 2 users
Thumbs up, but one other thing.....Darth Vader needs a chest box insignia bling. Since Darth has clearly become the baddest, Richest Dealer in the engine bay.All that AU 79 atomic weight sh!+.

Back when you got your UFO afflicted Street Rod Under a Fox ideas

I tried with the Greatest American Hero Rocker Cover. Ugh Ugh, Der finger!

Then the engine became Darth, as it had more hoses on it than an Anakin Skywalker Service technician

Now its been given six injections of somekinda psych bending substances. Pretty soon, we'll see Wolverine or Feddy punch his hamfist outa the hood.

Thumbs up, but one other thing.....Darth Vader needs a chest box insignia bling. Since Darth has clearly become the baddest, Richest Dealer in the engine bay.All that AU 79 atomic weight sh!+.

Back when you got your UFO afflicted Street Rod Under a Fox ideas

I tried with the Greatest American Hero Rocker Cover. Ugh Ugh, Der finger!

Then the engine became Darth, as it had more hoses on it than an Anakin Skywalker Service technician

Now its been given six injections of somekinda psych bending substances. Pretty soon, we'll see Wolverine or Feddy punch his hamfist outa the hood.

You "Kiwis" have some good drugs or booze... One of the two, or both, Im convinced.

Whatever the hell was going on at 6 has obviously been resolved. I couldn't reply to any thread, and only by some stroke of luck,managed to tag steve and Nick through PM to get the attention of the "parties that be" to fix this sht. Glad it's done.

Anyway.......

I was right. My day was shot as a result of the stuff I had to do on the side. I didn't get back home till 2:00.

I lashed the rockers. I primed the oiling system with a drill. Amazing how hard it is to spin that pump when it's trying to push cool SAE 30wt through a bunch of tiny holes and passage ways. I ran the thing for about 2 minutes straight, till I started smelling the tell tale smell of a burning up Harbor Freight drill motor. Once I saw oil filling up the last rocker arm valley,...I quit.

I bolted the valve cover on.

I cleaned the fuel rail, cleaned the injectors, and bolted that dude on. I structured my plug wires. I put the airbox on so I could build the air inlet tubing. I finished by cutting the heater return hose, and plumbed it back into the engine where the water pump used to be.

For better or worse, this is how this version of the monster's motor is gonna look.
IMAG0122_zpsc17alz9v.jpg

IMAG0123_zpsxvudenlq.jpg

IMAG0124_zpsgnmfm4nh.jpg

I was leaving the fuel rail off all this time thinking that it would get in the way, and it does,...but not so bad as to make getting to anything impossible. The return end of the rail is hooked up. All that remains for the fuel system check is the other end attachment and that system is done too.

I was expecting the throttle cable, but that didn't come today. It's due in tommorrow. I'll deal with on Wednesday evening depending on how I feel.

It's coming down to the wire gents...Soon I'm gonna have to deal with considering the restart..Time to start wackin out about Alpha N.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Everything looks awesome except that heater hose. It sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise fantastic bay. Can it be routed down lower behind the alternator and under the frame rail? Or along the oil pan into the trans tunnel? I know this would require you re-running the connection at the fender well, but I think its worth it come show time. Maybe not something to worry about right this second with start up looming, but just throwing it out there.

Let me reitterate though, the rest looks killer!

Everything looks awesome except that heater hose. It sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise fantastic bay. Can it be routed down lower behind the alternator and under the frame rail? Or along the oil pan into the trans tunnel? I know this would require you re-running the connection at the fender well, but I think its worth it come show time. Maybe not something to worry about right this second with start up looming, but just throwing it out there.

Let me reitterate though, the rest looks killer!
Thanks for that. That return hose will get replaced w/a braided one soon enough. I just didn't have the stuff to do it with. Once the radiator is in, The upper hose will take your eye off of it. As it is, (now that I'm thinkin' about it) I ended up using some of the hose ends that go to the breather tank that gets mounted up front. The braided hose and the two ends will get ordered tommorrow.

I was hoping that suggestion wouldnt take away from the kudos on the rest of the work. It really is something to behold. I couldnt custom fab a third of that without cutting it into pieces and hauling it to the dump 3 years after I started it.

And I didnt even realize the radiator wasnt in the picture. That will definitely help it seemed tucked lower with that sitting in front of the engine. I am most likely just being critical. Ignore me until its done and lets see how it all ties together.

Sigh ......I look at it, and when compared to the previous setup it now looks lopsided. It looks like a I6 now. The turbo setup was so busy that it actually " balanced" out the engine bay. Much less sinister now, ..no "Black Mamba" anymore
Now it's much more like a garter snake.
I knew that it would appear driver side heavy, and that was the primary reason for the "up oriented" exhaust....to try and get some of the symmetry back,....What does the finger say?

Nope.

I'll have to come up with an equally harmless nickname for my new 4.1L Fordrarri, ....

I'll go on record saying that there will never be a stupid doll, little car, or any of the hokey sht you see people sticking on their cars when they show it. I always want to ask the guy what he was thinking when he decided to put a doll, stuffed animal, or model car on the air cleaner.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.