Build Thread 1978 Fairmont: No nitto NT 555 G2’s, No Nitto NT 555 RII’s….Hello Toyo Proxes TQ

• Sponsors(?)

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
I took the drive shaft to dude.

He said he thinks he’ll be able to get to it tomorrow.

Im looking / thinking about at changing the vibe again,….( shocking I know)

The issue(s) with the out-of-round wheels have me considering a different wheel. Ive found a company that I really like. They’re one piece cast as opposed to these two piece things currently on my car. For that reason alone, they should be very nearly perfectly round, They’re bronze although they look gold, but that’s what I want. I think they’ll look really good against the orange. The best part is the price, I can buy 4 for the price of just two of the current wheels And on top of that,…(they’re on sale).
B800F8B0-B0C8-4AB1-9626-84C5F4689D82.png

They‘re not w/o their own issues…The widest the rears come is 17 x 9…I’d have to have them widened, which would add about 200.00 per wheel. I’d be in the rears for about 425.00 ea.

The fronts…I can get them in 17 x 6; 17 x 7; and 17 x 8” sizes to fit. I’m thinking…Maybe I‘d try on the “ big-n-little“ look and run maybe the 17x6 up front….Then again maybe id just stick with the 8’s like what are up front already…again this is all just idle thinking for the next big thing..

Reactions: 1 users

WhiteCobra95

5 Year Member
May 2, 2006
You've raised the bar too high. I was expecting a switch to a dual clutch transmission. ;)

I think those wheels could work, and really change the look of the Gilazilla quite a bit. I like how they're kind of a modern take on a traditional pattern, which gives it a solid muscle car vibe. Didn't you have a set of bullet wheels with a similar color scheme back in the day? Have you tried any photoshopping with these wheels and recent pictures as a low cost trial run?

Last edited:

CarMichael Angelo

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
You've raised the bar too high. I was expecting a switch to a dual clutch transmission. ;)

I think those wheels could work, and really change the look of the Gilazilla quite a bit. I like how they're kind of a modern take on a traditional pattern, which gives it a solid muscle car vibe. Didn't you have a set of bullet wheels with a similar color scheme back in the day? Have you tried any photoshopping with these wheels and recent pictures as a low cost trial run?
The other wheels I had on the car originally were torque thrusts..I mistakenly painted them green-gold. Waaay too much green. Those got blasted and repainted black an orange..
55798977-8573-4AAE-8676-6EF21DF2C207.jpeg
6ABC02EB-022C-461B-AC00-1F8C1E090918.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

WhiteCobra95

5 Year Member
May 2, 2006
Those look really good! They flow well with the color scheme and make the car look like it's sitting lower. I really dig that look because it balances the color focus across the whole car.

CarMichael Angelo

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
Those look really good! They flow well with the color scheme and make the car look like it's sitting lower. I really dig that look because it balances the color focus across the whole car.
Well those wheels are no more…they got sold off when the current versions arrived.

MOF, the wheels I’ve linked above are out just as quickly as they were in.
Unbeknownst to me ( because it’s been so long since I ordered them), my front wheels have the same backspace as an SN 95 wheel.

My front wheels have 6” of backspacing…the wheels above are only available in 4.5” backspacing. The 1.5” of positive won’t work.

I think sometimes hurdles pop up like karma to keep me from doing stupid sht.