Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for an update to the who gives a sht evening post.

I came home during lunch, threw on some work clothes, and went down stairs, sprayed a light guide coat, and sanded on that trunk. After about 30-45 minutes of that, it became obvious that it was gonna require another couple of coats of primer..:fuss:

So,..I mixed it up, poured it into the paint gun and hosed that bitch down with more primer, then I went back upstairs, rinsed off in the shower, and went back to work.

When I got home at 7 tonight, I went straight to it. I sanded and sanded, and sanded, and wet sanded until I started seeing the same shiny spots reappear..I tell ya it's like 2015 Deja vu all over again..( where's my " man throwing in the towel" gif?)
I'm at the " I don't give a phck" stage it's at a point where I'm wondering if I'm obsessing over stuff that won't show.

20190520_210303.jpg

I knew that this pic wouldn't do the work any justice...

That is wet wax and grease remover..when you are standing there, and look across the wet surface, you don't see nothin but flat...except the shiny dots that reappeared on both sides of the trunk right above the hinge area.
20190520_210637.jpg

I'm gonna rattle can these bare spots, and call this thing done.
20190520_210628.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Ha just kidding.
Kate won an all inclusive 5 day vacay in the DR. I'm along for the ride.

And the food,

And the drinks..
20190522_162934.jpg

I know that itll be tough, I'll just have to put my head down, and push through it.

How is the humidity down there, lol? We could hang our swimsuits up in the room and they would still be wet the next day.

Joe

:nonono:Well,....What would a trip to the central Americas be without having to spend at least one day sick because of something you ate?

Yesterday was my day. The Buffet had every freakin thing you could ever think of to put in your mouth, all laid out and labeled,.....all delectable looking an sht.

I decided that I would try the piece of Octopus that was sitting on a piece of pinapple..about the size of an oversized piece of Nagiri Sushi.

I should have known better.

I should have known better when the first bite was slimy. But I took a second bite anyway.

I was supposed to go to a zipline excursion today....a 1 hour bus ride to a remote jungle destination, and then another 4 hours spent in the jungle...

Just the place youd want to go when you need a bathroom every 30 minutes or so..and now that place would be... in that tiny little box of a bathroom in the back of the bus...or...

In the jungle.....

I imagine they give you a bucket, and some sugar cane husks.

Uhhhhh.....no.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
My wife would kill me if she knew I was writing this.

Laying in a hospital bed in Punta Cana as of this minute...much to my disdain
I gotta say when I said 5 days in hell, I had no freakin idea it would go this bad

Kate and I are in the ocean today...weirdly enough, the ONLY ones who are. ( I just assumed that it was because it was so early, and this place doesn't come alive till about 11 AM.)

The ocean here is not like youd expect. They have ran an outlying border wall that more or less turns the whole beach into the equivalent of a saltwater pond..there are no waves.
You can see breakers hitting the reef, but that is several hundred yards off of the beachhead...and there is no way to get there without a boat.

For somebody like me, who sees the ONLY reason to go to the damn beach, is to be able to body surf, and play in the waves..not having them has been the biggest disappointment since coming here.

( stand by, pain nurse just came in)

Ok, sorry if I write a little wonky I just got a dose of somenp ainkiler.

So were walking in shallow water, and Kate gives off a little shriek. " what I ask?"
" Fush are biting me" she says.
Pfft I say..those stupid little fish are harmless. And we keep walking. She gets nipped a couple more times and says shes out..so she gets out if the water.

They haven't messed with me at all.

This whole trip isnt setting well with me. Here I am in a potential tropical paradise, I'm sick one day already, theres no waves, and now theres a bunch of stupid biting fish that are here to fck with me.

I decide to say fck that, and wade into deeper water.

I look back, Kate's walking back to our chairs on the beach I look around and notice that the flag that was flying was white..
I know that a green flag means perfect swinning conditions, yellow means rough water, Red means strong undertow., no swimming . ButI've never seen a white one till today.....

Dangerous marine life present..i.e. jellyfish, or in my case..the angel-manata fish..a salt water cousin to a piranha.

I'm bent on walking to that sea wall...I get out about 50 yards, and the first fish bite comes..then one gets me right on the nip that draws blood..I let out a yell and turn around and start running back.
I get bit again, and again and again, now in full panick mode, I'm screaming for Kate to get help.
I'm starting to get bit now in a frenzy...the water is a red pool that is churning while hundreds of these little bastards are taking tiny little chunks out of me. Since I'm desperate to get to shallow water..I have no clue that these bastards have completely stripped one of my left side ribs clean to the bone. I'm waist deep and they're still working on me. The frenzied little fckers are leaping out of the water and latching on to my chest, still working on the raw meat that they have hanging off of me..I'm brushing them off as I stumble and stagger towards the beach.
Kate's trying to come in and help but I'm screaming for her to stay out so she wont get attacked too.

By now I'm knee deep in a seemingly forever long kiddie pool, and the little sonsabitches are working on my calfs.

I finally make it to shore with about a half dozen of those bastards still attached.
There is blood all over the sand..I have several ribs cleaned tobthe bone...my whole left side was on fire.

I guess I must've passed out some time after that.

When I woke I was laying on the beach lounge chair....the sun had done a number on my left side while I slept..my whole left side was on fire.

Miraculously though. I had healed from the piranha attack ....it was like it never really happened at all.

Must've been a dream.

But I did really did get bit on the nip by some little ass hole angel fish.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Clever
Reactions: 6 users
My wife would kill me if she knew I was writing this.

Laying in a hospital bed in Punta Cana as of this minute...much to my disdain
I gotta say when I said 5 days in hell, I had no freakin idea it would go this bad

Kate and I are in the ocean today...weirdly enough, the ONLY ones who are. ( I just assumed that it was because it was so early, and this place doesn't come alive till about 11 AM.)

The ocean here is not like youd expect. They have ran an outlying border wall that more or less turns the whole beach into the equivalent of a saltwater pond..there are no waves.
You can see breakers hitting the reef, but that is several hundred yards off of the beachhead...and there is no way to get there without a boat.

For somebody like me, who sees the ONLY reason to go to the damn beach, is to be able to body surf, and play in the waves..not having them has been the biggest disappointment since coming here.

( stand by, pain nurse just came in)

Ok, sorry if I write a little wonky I just got a dose of somenp ainkiler.

So were walking in shallow water, and Kate gives off a little shriek. " what I ask?"
" Fush are biting me" she says.
Pfft I say..those stupid little fish are harmless. And we keep walking. She gets nipped a couple more times and says shes out..so she gets out if the water.

They haven't messed with me at all.

This whole trip isnt setting well with me. Here I am in a potential tropical paradise, I'm sick one day already, theres no waves, and now theres a bunch of stupid biting fish that are here to fck with me.

I decide to say fck that, and wade into deeper water.

I look back, Kate's walking back to our chairs on the beach I look around and notice that the flag that was flying was white..
I know that a green flag means perfect swinning conditions, yellow means rough water, Red means strong undertow., no swimming . ButI've never seen a white one till today.....

Dangerous marine life present..i.e. jellyfish, or in my case..the angel-manata fish..a salt water cousin to a piranha.

I'm bent on walking to that sea wall...I get out about 50 yards, and the first fish bite comes..then one gets me right on the nip that draws blood..I let out a yell and turn around and start running back.
I get bit again, and again and again, now in full panick mode, I'm screaming for Kate to get help.
I'm starting to get bit now in a frenzy...the water is a red pool that is churning while hundreds of these little bastards are taking tiny little chunks out of me. Since I'm desperate to get to shallow water..I have no clue that these bastards have completely stripped one of my left side ribs clean to the bone. I'm waist deep and they're still working on me. The frenzied little fckers are leaping out of the water and latching on to my chest, still working on the raw meat that they have hanging off of me..I'm brushing them off as I stumble and stagger towards the beach.
Kate's trying to come in and help but I'm screaming for her to stay out so she wont get attacked too.

By now I'm knee deep in a seemingly forever long kiddie pool, and the little sonsabitches are working on my calfs.

I finally make it to shore with about a half dozen of those bastards still attached.
There is blood all over the sand..I have several ribs cleaned tobthe bone...my whole left side was on fire.

I guess I must've passed out some time after that.

When I woke I was laying on the beach lounge chair....the sun had done a number on my left side while I slept..my whole left side was on fire.

Miraculously though. I had healed from the piranha attack ....it was like it never really happened at all.

Must've been a dream.

But I did really did get bit on the nip by some little ass hole angel fish.

That was a good read. Had me in suspense for a bit! Lol

What the hell, Mike. The drinks must be pretty good over there....either that or your bored senseless. Lol

I almost believed it....even told my lady i wasn't going to the DR...ever.

Reactions: 1 users
Well...sigh..
I'm mentally done here. Now just waiting the morning out to get to the noon shuttle that takes us to ATL, and due to a 3 hr layover there, we'll rent a 2 door spec and drive the two hours to our home.

( we'll be home two hours before the plane lands.)
This room overlooks the pool and the ocean. Although it cost me nothing to stay here, ( Kate won this trip as proceeds for a performance based contest) Expedia lists the rate at around 370.00 a night.
( All inclusive, you pay for nothing. food and drinks are free....alcohol included)

So,......sounds like quite a deal then?

Depends....If you're content to lay in a freakin lounge chair for mindless hours on end, while the sun turns your skin into red parchment, or brown leather..you'll love it.

If you're like me.... After two days of that, you're dying to give a 3rd party excursion company 250.00 for a day trip to get the hell off your ass and do something different.
The staff here are exceptional..At every level. Its very refreshing to go to a place where the people are outwardly happy, and singing to themselves when you walk by.
(I'd imagine the opportunity for the people that live here that can speak English is equivalent to getting a really great job in the US.)
The food is pretty good..there are 5 different restaurants on site..a French, Italian, Japanese, A seafood, and a buffet.
I can't say any of it was great. Last night at the French restaurant was probably the best of all of our meals.

There is a team of event coordinators that walk around all day trying to drum up things for people to do. Yoga or Zumba in the AM, some beach volleyball in the afternoon, salsa Dance lessons on the beach, bingo or poker in the evening..all lasting less than an hour each.

It feels alot like an ocean cruiseliner... which I've also done before...and as cruiseliners go......you can keep all of them
And that is the "good" stuff.

The warnings about the poverty and the potential crime that comes as a result of a tourist being in the wrong place kept us from striking out on our own.. and that poverty becomes all too obvious while you ride along in your tour bus on your way to any of the offsite excursions.
(3 Young men riding on a single raggedy moped just trying to get to work,..garbage everywhere, people living in the equivalent of a one room shack that "may" have running water),....and then there's the smell.
And all of this is 5 minutes away from the multi-million dollar frachises that line the beaches.

If you just have to spend your money on a central American destination....Puerto Vallarta on the West Coast of Mexico is my recommendation. The town that you stay in feels safe. The resorts that are everywhere..but there are owned condos for rent everywhere as well. It's a mountain town the butts up to the beach...and here the cool part...its a west coast location that's on central time..The sun stays up till almost 9 PM there.
Better food diversity; more diversion, you get to visit a country, spend your money to benefit the lives of the locals, see the real lifestyle of those that work in the shops w/o feeling ashamed that you are ignoring it while you stay drunk, fat and cocooned in your landlocked cruiseliner.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Well...sigh..

The warnings about the poverty and the potential crime that comes as a result of a tourist being in the wrong place kept us from striking out on our own.. and that poverty becomes all too obvious while you ride along in your tour bus on your way to any of the offsite excursions.
(3 Young men riding on a single raggedy moped just trying to get to work,..garbage everywhere, people living in the equivalent of a one room shack that "may" have running water),....and then there's the smell.
And all of this is 5 minutes away from the multi-million dollar frachises that line the beaches.

Did you go to the DR or South Memphis? Sounds exactly like Beale St. An oasis of $$$ surrounded by opportunities to be mugged and shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.