Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

He's been online, just not breaking anyone's balls or posting any mistrial stories. @Noobz347 should we send a care package?
How do you know that I've been online, if I haven't broken anyones' balls? Seems to me they go hand in hand.

I am at a complete stand still. Something similar to writers block.

That's not to say that I haven't been doing stuff, I have been dicking w/ the interior, ( decided to go the tubular route after all) just no point in showing anybody anything yet, requires too much imagination at this point.

This is gonna be one of these "Not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate the effort" kinda things for me.

It took three attempts to get the side vents how I wanted them, and this thing (the interior bars) are no different. It keeps challenging me on about 4 different levels. stuff like fit, how it will look, and devising a mount system that keeps it all sturdy, while hiding the evidence of the mounts at the same time, all while making them removeable for finish and paint, :bang:

So how's the interior going?
Why does it not surprise me that sooner or later, you'd be asking about that?

I hereby dub you The Inquisitor.

Like I said before, I'm kinda at a stalling point. No real inspiration to make anything happen, and so I just go down there sometimes and stare at it while drawing imaginary lines for the bars to take up.
There are 4 bars welded, and sitting there, but again showing a pic of it will get me a bunch of "what the hells", so I rather wait till I can show the "after" which is who knows how long away.

Right now, several things seem to stand in my way:

No additional material to work with.
No time or money to get more.
It gets dark at 4:30.
It's cold.

Reactions: 1 user
OK.

Let's just say I'm going a little stir crazy. Frustrated because I'm in a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" kinda place. The dash, and console have been at the same level of stagnation for about a month now. I've been holding on posting pictures of that because they'll just make no sense to most,.....that's changed. Today I'm putting it up for public scrutiny. Ordinarily, I'd bounce around to some other part of the car, and let time resolve the stagnation, but w/ work, the house, and the overall lack of funds, there really isn't another place to bounce to.

temporary_zpsc1d76d2e.jpg

The console is almost complete as you see it, save for the top will have a cover made out of a see through perforated mesh. As opposed to just laying on top of the bars, that cover will actually be bolted down at a point about middle of the bar. The console itself will "float" on top of the carpet, all you should be able to see is just the out side of the bars that make that up.(Right now the pic shows a piece of scrap that's laying across the top. It really serves no purpose.)
temporary_zps573d2002.jpg

The dash is a different story. This is far from complete. The 89 factory dash that is underneath is just there as a place holder. Right now the plan is to roll a piece of sheetmetal from the middle of the top bar to the windshield, and the same will happen from the bottom bar to the bottom of what would be the stock dash. The gauge cluster will arch up from the top. (I plan to make that out of a single 3" exhaust tubing U bend., opposite of the roll for the dash.

(See I told ya,....it's gonna require a stretch of imagination)

Over the past weeks I've been nickle and dime-ing my way towards getting all of the sensors and pigtails to get the engine compartment wired. I have all of the right wire to make an engine harness, I just need a few weatherpack end terminals to allow me to disconnect the engine w/o having to cut wires, or unbolt fasteners.The engine compartment harness is about 95% away from being able to happen. Bought the TPS and what will become my fast idle valve for cold starts. (those items alone cost right at 100.00) The weatherpack "kit" will almost be another 100.00.

temporary_zpse0dd1ab1.jpg

temporary_zps7baa1840.jpg

Hopefully, my last Chevy item I use on this car. The original purpose for this is to switch between fuel tanks on a Chevy Siverado. On the Monster, it is a 12V activated vacuum leak. One that comes from un-boosted filtered air on the inlet of the turbo. The Megasquirt uses it in the cold start fast idle process. The sweet part of the deal, Unlike most vacuum leaks is that the MAP sensor compensates for the lean condition, the engine runs 500-700 RPM faster when activated, and the "vacuum leak" will stop at 120 degrees.

Reactions: 1 users
Are you planning on a hard, metal dash, or are you going to pad it? I am sure it will be cool, but I am having flashbacks to the really solid dashes in my early 1960's cars. I am sure you also had the opportunity to smack into a real metal dash along the line. "Four Stars!"

Are you planning on a hard, metal dash, or are you going to pad it? I am sure it will be cool, but I am having flashbacks to the really solid dashes in my early 1960's cars. I am sure you also had the opportunity to smack into a real metal dash along the line. "Four Stars!"

Leather on the sheetmetal surfaces. Hard steel on the tubular ones.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.