Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Tailights gonna be similar to these?
10152594_10201667758325767_605400214_n.jpg

I was just wondering where you went (again). The last time I asked where you'd been you didn't answer, so I'll try one more time. Then, if you don't answer you can p iss off.
I don't remember you asking... Last time I can tell that I was on here was in OCT, and was on page 7.

Since OCT, I"ve been setting up a new house in FL, and up to my eyeballs trying to get my 67 done in time to go to Charlotte. Got about 10 days, if I'm going to make it to Norman to start the Pony Drive there. I've been working it pretty much non-stop for the past month or so. Flew in a buddy/former employee/professional mechanic to help me wrap it up and go on the trip with me.

Oh, and to ramp up the level of difficulty, I changed out bodies in January. That's a story of it's own.

Not wanting to be anti-social, or be told to piss off, just recognizing how little work I get done when I check in regularly here. Hopefully I'll be back more often after Charlotte.

I posted a couple of "help me!" questions, and while checking those for responses while taking a dump, I thought of you and this thread. Is the car still going to be brown? :D

Reactions: 1 user
Tailights gonna be similar to these?
10152594_10201667758325767_605400214_n.jpg

Uhh No,......Tail lights are gonna be similar to these:
temporary_zps36befd37.jpg

I don't plan on having bumpers in a traditional sense. I will fabricate a later model style, and blend the bumper into the existing sheet metal similar to how a mustang bumper cover works/looks.
I don't have the space or additional disposable monies to have another junk car sitting around here, so the red Mont will have to go to crusher town. There is nothing body wise I need for my car. It was an Arizona car, so nothing is rusted, and it's never been wrecked, so there's nothing to replace.

I don't remember you asking... Last time I can tell that I was on here was in OCT, and was on page 7.

Since OCT, I"ve been setting up a new house in FL, and up to my eyeballs trying to get my 67 done in time to go to Charlotte. Got about 10 days, if I'm going to make it to Norman to start the Pony Drive there. I've been working it pretty much non-stop for the past month or so. Flew in a buddy/former employee/professional mechanic to help me wrap it up and go on the trip with me.

Oh, and to ramp up the level of difficulty, I changed out bodies in January. That's a story of it's own.

Not wanting to be anti-social, or be told to **** off, just recognizing how little work I get done when I check in regularly here. Hopefully I'll be back more often after Charlotte.

I posted a couple of "help me!" questions, and while checking those for responses while taking a dump, I thought of you and this thread. Is the car still going to be brown? :D

So wait a minute,....You're telling me you're moving/have moved from Alaska,..to Florida?
I hope you don't have a heat stroke.

As for the color,...Brown itself isn't gonna happen. But since my progress updates are what motivates you to stay regular,..I'm not telling you anything.

Except........

The next time you're sitting on your throne, and you get to thinking about my car....think about how boxy a fairmont is. And then, on that note........... I hope you s hit a brick.

Reactions: 2 users
Mike, I want you to know how disappointed I am of you. I've fought the Fairmont bug due to your progress. Now since I am working to put the new motor in the truck, procrastinating on getting the Mustang/AEM tuned and dealing with the wife's Crapallac SRX, I am now looking at buying the 79 Fairmont I sent you pictures of. Thanks a heck of a lot. (by the way, is the home audio business hiring)..lol.

Husky, welcome back.

Mike, I want you to know how disappointed I am of you. I've fought the Fairmont bug due to your progress. Now since I am working to put the new motor in the truck, procrastinating on getting the Mustang/AEM tuned and dealing with the wife's Crapallac SRX, I am now looking at buying the 79 Fairmont I sent you pictures of. Thanks a heck of a lot. (by the way, is the home audio business hiring)..lol.

Husky, welcome back.

Well RD, What can I tell you. Sounds like par for the course.
Nick @95BlueStallion considers me a bad influence, ( I must be,...I cant "influence" him to research something or read an owners manual before he gets on here and bi tches me out because he did something he could've read NOT TO DO in a manual first)
@Husky44 uses my thread so he can laugh out last nights dinner.
Most of the newbs are annoyed at me because my thread keeps popping up, forcing their "How much HP" threads to the bottom of the page quicker.
and Now You are disappointed in me.

Ohhh The Humanity.:nonono:

Reactions: 4 users
Nick @95BlueStallion considers me a bad influence, ( I must be,...I cant "influence" him to research something or read an owners manual before he gets on here and bi tches me out because he did something he could've read NOT TO DO in a manual first)
Most of the newbs are annoyed at me because my thread keeps popping up, forcing their "How much HP" threads to the bottom of the page quicker.

Have an itch you can't scratch? Lmao you crochety old man...:rlaugh:

Just face it, you are a bad influence. And as far as me reading a manual, I dont think there is a manual for this old truck of mine. Last night during my test drive all was well until I put it to the floor. Luckily the engine and trans held together, but I somehow put the flex fan up against the radiator (excuse the steam in the pic). So now I have a new custom 3 core on its way with an electric fan. Had I not met you on this interweb I would probably have bought another 4.7L 4 wheel drive Dakota and slapped exhaust on it and put all this money into my Mustang. I may sound ungrateful for you being a bad influence, but other than freezing my ass off during the trans swap, I have enjoyed all the work I have done to my truck that I never should have bought.

IMG_20140401_214040_620_zps0e7a49d6.jpg

Thus ends my hijack of grumpy old man's thread.

Oh look,...I found this while looking up stuff online:
H
ow to install an old assed aluminum flex fan:
  1. Hold fan against water pump.
  2. With your free hand, start threading one of the 4 bolts that holds the fan on.
  3. Install the other three bolts.
  4. Tighten all four bolts. If you're a real goob, you can torque them to 20ft/lbs.
  5. Start engine, observe fan operation to ensure that IT DOESN'T HIT THE RADIATOR!!
  6. Close hood.
  7. Have a nice day.
  8. Ignore points 1-7. ESPECIALLY point 5.
  9. Buy new radiator.
  10. Blame Mike.

Reactions: 3 users
Oh look,...I found this while looking up stuff online:
H
ow to install an old assed aluminum flex fan:
  1. Hold fan against water pump.
  2. With your free hand, start threading one of the 4 bolts that holds the fan on.
  3. Install the other three bolts.
  4. Tighten all four bolts. If you're a real goob, you can torque them to 20ft/lbs.
  5. Start engine, observe fan operation to ensure that IT DOESN'T HIT THE RADIATOR!!
  6. Close hood.
  7. Have a nice day.
  8. Ignore points 1-7. ESPECIALLY point 5.
  9. Buy new radiator.
  10. Blame Mike.

Oh sure, now you give me a manual! Honestly, I have no idea how it met the radiator. I never removed it during the install of the tranny, and it was fine before the trans swap. I must have leaned on it and bent it while I swapped the carb or something. Even so, it idled outside and warmed up before the drive for a good 15 minutes while I cleaned the garage, and was not making contact at that point. Anyway, quit taking me so seriously and give us some more updates on your car.

Well.

When I decided to buy my TIG back from my friend, I went to my welding supply store and bought two pounds of 3/32 mild steel welding rods. I drove around for about a week with the rods in my truck bed.
When i went to get the rods fully intending to use them, they were gone.

As in POOF!

I had to leave my truck over night at a hospital one night, and I knew I had seen those rods laying back there before having to do that.

Now they were gone. What kind of low life rat bastard would steal only welding rods, and leave every other tool that was in the bed back there I thought.

I resigned myself to buying another two pounds.

This morning, I go out to my truck,..and say to myself.... "What the hell is hangin' down from my back bumper?"
temporary_zps94ad727c.jpg

So there the elusive 2 pounder was. Somehow managed to hide in some crack between the bumper, and the body of the truck for two weeks of daily driving,...finally revealing itself to me this morning.

It must be a sign.

NAAAAH.
It was a sign that it was gonna be business as usual. I got home at 4:00.
But since it was so nice out, I put the head on my grinding bench, and ported the intake, and exhaust so I can take the head and all the valve train junk to the machine shop tomorrow.
temporary_zps2100a665.jpg

temporary_zps4cd45451.jpg

Now the astute eye will see that my "grinding bench" is a trash can. I use what I have.

I only match ported about 1.5" of each port. The intake and exhaust opened up to 1-5/8".
The chambers and pockets are polished and blended as well,........but do you get to see those?

No,.....they're not nice enough to display for the entire WORLD. I'm not one to show off my tattered underwear,...despite the fact that it's clean.

So you'll just have to imagine that the pockets are blended smooth, and the chambers are shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.