Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it when I make a contemptuous comment about the POTUS.
It’s so peaceful afterwards....it’s like snow falling,...
The soft breathing of a sleeping cat...
It’s like..like Stangnet after Mike makes a comment about how much he hates conformity, monotony, redundancy.

Dead silent.

• Sponsors (?)

The POTUS is our POTUS. He's actually done some good things in there. He's also tried to keep his word with what he campaigned with. ( the only president I know of that hasn't wavered from his platform ).

I'm a Republican Mike....and a nationalist....and I own firearms....and support law enforcement....and a border wall...and Clinton going to jail....but....I also think he is a weirdo....and his filter is broken. I was hoping that at some point he would gain the wisdom to watch what and how he says ( or tweets ) things. The reality is that he isn't perfect or a politician. He hasn't trained himself to lie believably.

I've tried to stay out of politics lately. For me my life could be on the line because the left are so radical and abusive.

If people don't like black people, homosexuals, dogs, cats, its their opinion and I would rather people be honest than be forced to conform to what society says. I don't like the fact that freedom of speech is really being challenged in this country. It's not Trump that did it....its the views of the left and its pressure on people that just want to hold on to whatever they believe in.

Reactions: 3 users
Both parties are pushing there views on people, cant we all just let each other be. I completely agree though that our ability to say and do what we like is being threatened by the weird minority that tells the loudest.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I honestly just get tired of hearing your left wing rants, I think the quietness is most hoping you will just move back to the car and we won't have to hear it any longer.

Man, that felt good to say! Alright, let's get back to car talk.

Joe

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Mom and Dad always said don’t discuss politics and religion! You’ll never change anyone’s mind, so it’s not worth it! I very much have my heels dug in on my beliefs, but we come here to hang out and talk cars..... Mustangs in particular!

Reactions: 1 user
giphy.gif

Because most of the people on this forum have better things to do than argue on the internet.

• Agree
Some of us like to keep abrest of the changes in the USA. Its not nice to be totally ignorant like me.

presidential-highway.jpg

o

1451174585087.jpg

But I'm an Old School Computer Camp kinda guy.

In the olden days, there were just two kinds of people. Those with = 5318008
Those without = 55378008

And the Shell Oil dealers who got the revenue...= 71077345

It was a whole lot funnier down under, 'cause eveythings upside down.....

41560108_262603971253967_7070321855671020527_n.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Happy
Reactions: 2 users
Some of us like to keep abrest of the changes in the USA. Its not nice to be totally ignorant like me.

presidential-highway.jpg

o

1451174585087.jpg

But I'm an Old School Computer Camp kinda guy.

In the olden days, there were just two kinds of people. Those with = 5318008
Those without = 55378008

And the Shell Oil dealers who got the revenue...= 71077345

It was a whole lot funnier down under, 'cause eveythings upside down.....

41560108_262603971253967_7070321855671020527_n.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
What highway is that? Asking for a friend.

Edit my rant....

Politicians for the most part suck. They only care about the special interest that is paying them. They don't represent the majority of the people. I don't mind political or religious debates, but someone inevitably gets butt hurt.

Last edited:
the problem with keeping to yourself between politics and religion is that one doesn't affect my life or security, the other does.

My "left wing rants" are now up to what? 3 sentences.....Maybe a paragraph?
I can see how even that may be too much in a forum full of one line interactions.
Right now there's only one that I know of who shares similar politics with me. That makes this place only tolerant of the smallest of small talks, and even that has to be about a Ford, Mustang,Fox,5.0.
And after that, and the weather, there's not much left to talk about.
That said. I guess I'll leave you guys to it.

Sht Mike.

You’re just feeling talkative.

Your silly ass doesn’t fool me though.

You can be a flippin’ nut job liberal all you want. I’ll still like you and Kate a whole lot.

Tell me how many of those people I met when I was there were staunch conservatives? I think we got along pretty good (might have been the Fireball though).

Everything is so fckin touchy nowadays. The stronger views left and right are interfering with a valuable brotherhood of gear heads here.

I don’t like you for your vagina cap Mike, I like you because you’re actually a good person and so is that sweet wife of yours.

So stop trying to pick a fight you pinhead.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
This kind of sucks because I can no longer post pics....I had a good one too.smh

Oh I see....its just this thread that someone decided to take the " attach file " button off of.

That's alright. The pic wasn't all that great.

I don't mind having political or religious conversations. I don't mind hanging out with anyone regardless of whether I agree with their views or not....well.....that's as long as we can be respectful.

I talk to a bunch of people all the time about all kinds of stuff. Just a shame that there are so many thin skinned people in this country right now.

If im on a wrong path I'd want someone to help guide me in another direction. If my view is wrong then give me info and let me choose for myself. I like facts and research.

When we get blown up by Russia, China, and NK it won't matter who the president is, what religion we are....or what color our skin is.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Let's just say I believe in mostly conservative values, but with common sense. Like I quit the NRA about 6 years ago because they have become almost militant and against any common sense measures. I don't believe we can give everyone free healthcare, free education ( this would help ME right now, since my son is about to go to college) and free living wage. I believe you have to work. I've worked since I was 14.

Now, @CarMichael Angelo I don't have any problems with your more liberal views. If we all liked vanilla ice cream, Baskin Robbins would be out of business. The problem I have is the intolerance and unwilling to even consider the other side's views. It starts from the office of the President and goes all the way down to the clerk at Wal-Mart.

I also don't have a problem with putting a LS in a Fox body...and even though I think it's way overplayed, a small block Chevy in a Model T. I think you can be a dog person AND a cat person.

But, I think in the grand scheme of things, if you go on just about any 'hot rod' forum, you are likely going to run into a bunch of conservatives. Not too many progressive Democrats are going to publicly praise gas guzzling, emission spewing project cars, much less admit to working on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.