Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Update # 50000 hundred billion.....

I tweeked the tune last night,...took away some fuel in the upper end of the map to try and fatten it up to 12:1, I added timing in the cruise areas, and at start up....Then I drove the car to work this morning.

The AC still blows cold (I think)
10 pounds definitely feels better than 7 pounds....(only problem is,..now I have an unlimited supply of where that came from)

It's hotter than balls here today,..and I don't like leaving the car sitting outside in the sun unattended, so at lunch I took him back home....Cant hear any pinging...the weird noise is gone from underneath the dash (cause I insulated the rubbing together hoses)...and people on the interstate keep giving me this up turned finger sign...

:nice:
^
What ever this means....

Reactions: 9 users
Now just work on that hood and firewall insulation, and it sounds like youre "done" with it???

Uhh........ noo??? What would give you any impression that I'll ever be "done" with it?

I have "plans".

Sound barrier insulation is a definite must.
I'd like to convert it over to a 3link/torque arm/panhard arm rear suspension that I make myself...but will need to look into what real world possible gains I'll net from that.
Gauges, and the new pod to house them (replacing Winkin I believe is it's name)
Better, forged, H beam connecting rods, a real live MLS head gasket....and 15 possible pounds of pressure. (not that I'll use it but,....I've opened Pandoras box now.)
There is a beautiful set of conn rods in the land down under...I missed out on getting them when I started this build, now I know that they are there.
$_58.JPG

Ha,....the name on the rods say "Spool". Just the ticket for a guy intending to lay into his combination..

Wheels...I've always liked these wheels...but it was a matter of money when I bought the current ones,...
But something like these are possible.
AR_Perform_883_Anthracite_MachinedFace_700.png

So,..there's a buttload planned for the car...

I have to remain vigilant to my original design goals though...If I make this thing too miserable to drive,...I won't drive it.
But boost is addictive,..and like all addictions, you get used to what originally "more than enough".

The engine is noisy,...I never know if it's happy or tearing itself apart..If I could get a set of hydraulic rollers to replace the solid units and have the cam reground to accommodate them I may do that, all depends on whether or not I can get them where they fit the engine and be work-able like the ones currently in the engine.

Reactions: 4 users
So,..there's a buttload planned for the car...

I have to remain vigilant to my original design goals though...If I make this thing too miserable to drive,...I won't drive it.
But boost is addictive,..and like all addictions, you get used to what originally "more than enough".

I hate to say it, but that's the attraction to the new Challengers, Stangs and Camaros. 400+ HP (some of them are 400 ++++ HP) perfect emissions, 24+mpg, perfect sound system, navigation systems, heated AND cooled leather seats, awesome climate control, awesome NVH, perfect paint.....dammit!!!!! Makes me feel like my 85 is an antique. Oh yeah, according to Tennessee it is!

Reactions: 1 user
I hate to say it, but that's the attraction to the new Challengers, Stangs and Camaros. 400+ HP (some of them are 400 ++++ HP) perfect emissions, 24+mpg, perfect sound system, navigation systems, heated AND cooled leather seats, awesome climate control, awesome NVH, perfect paint.....dammit!!!!! Makes me feel like my 85 is an antique. Oh yeah, according to Tennessee it is!

I have the Mini,....It's surprisingly fast, and fun to drive, so the "itch" for a factory late model muscle car never really rears it's head.
Granted it's half the power of a current 5.0 Mustang, but I have the Monster when I want to feel that type of acceleration.

But,I do like the Challenger,..If I was to decide to buy/lease some 400 hp car when the Mini's time is up, it'd be a Challenger.

I reallllyyy like what they do when they do a special run..
like the Yellow Jacket they did in 2012
640x350m.jpg

Leave it to Chrysler to come up with the coolest car names...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.