Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote for the single custom designed unit with two separate chambers. That custom contraption would be cheaper and give you something to do.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Why not let the exhaust pull the vacuum?
I'm skeptical when considering that.

Where to place the nipple to attach a hose to? How effectively will it it pull vacuum? What keeps it from positively pressurizing the PCV reservoir? What'll stop this from sucking the oil that's in the puke tanks into the exhaust stream?

If there was a definitive answer ( read,.... set of fool proof instructions that could answer those questions,) I'd source the exhaust as the place to vent engine blow by gasses, as the driver side of my engine has a uncluttered path to the exhaust, where there is a 90* turn where the exhaust crosses under the transmission pan and runs straight back. If that would be a good place to install the vent nipple (s) then I could make that happen fairly easily.

But if that all turns out to be a mess,....this'll be me:fuss:

Ok,...read up on the existing systems, and some web based feedback from a few guys using the system.
Looks like I'd use a system like the Moroso, or Milodon system. Two supplied pipe nipples would be welded to the inside radius of that bend I referenced earlier ( exhaust velocity is higher on the inside radius of a bend it says)
The two hoses would route back to my home made oil collection tank...the only question I have left is...

Do I eliminate the breathers on the puke tank?...makes sense to me. That way there will always be positive suction applied to the crankcase based on engine RPM...What if I need to control that vacuum?

It's too early for all these questions. It's like I went back 30 years to high school. My only coherent thought is using an exhaust evac system is you're going to get more oil residue on the back of the car because the mist come out and will blow all over. Now, that might be good to discourage tailgating. From the description of your floor, I doubt that's a big consideration at the momento.

If you go with an exhaust evac, do you even need a puke tank? Of course it was a drag car, but we had one breather in each valve cover run to a nipple in each header.

Where do the two ports out go back to?

The same places that they would if it were a single container. They don't need to be isolated and the air will always take the path of least resistance. With both sets of ports going to the same catch-can, you would effectively equalize flow from both crank-case vents without affecting air volume.

The same places that they would if it were a single container. They don't need to be isolated and the air will always take the path of least resistance. With both sets of ports going to the same catch-can, you would effectively equalize flow from both crank-case vents without affecting air volume.
That is as clear as mud Noobz.

If I make a catch can w/4 ports,..( 2 in, coming from the VC) the other 2 go where then? To the evacuation system plumbed into the exhaust? And if that's the case, it bears that re-ask.....

I shouldn't need vent breathers any more?

I
It's too early for all these questions. It's like I went back 30 years to high school. My only coherent thought is using an exhaust evac system is you're going to get more oil residue on the back of the car because the mist come out and will blow all over. Now, that might be good to discourage tailgating. From the description of your floor, I doubt that's a big consideration at the momento.

If you go with an exhaust evac, do you even need a puke tank? Of course it was a drag car, but we had one breather in each valve cover run to a nipple in each header.
Im about done with all of the residue that collects on the tail of the car as a result of the duck tail creating that vortex back there.....the exhaust tip never gets noticed as it is,...it's on a short list to be replaced w/ a simple turn down.

Im about done with all of the residue that collects on the tail of the car as a result of the duck tail creating that vortex back there.....the exhaust tip never gets noticed as it is,...it's on a short list to be replaced w/ a simple turn down.

Well, face it, your engine compartment is like fake boobs. Who even knew the chick had eyes!!

Maybe once you go to a show more than a few times, people will get tired of ogling your double D's and check out the caboose!

Reactions: 2 users
Well, face it, your engine compartment is like fake boobs. Who even knew the chick had eyes!!

Maybe once you go to a show more than a few times, people will get tired of ogling your double D's and check out the caboose!
Im sure that the shape of the exhaust tip lends significantly to the megaphone exhaust note that comes out of this car....a simple 3" turn down will probably quiet the car down significantly...lets put it to a vote:

sam_0591-jpg.585381.jpg

Is this thing even noticible enough to put up with all of the crap it spews out?

That is as clear as mud Noobz.

If I make a catch can w/4 ports,..( 2 in, coming from the VC) the other 2 go where then? To the evacuation system plumbed into the exhaust? And if that's the case, it bears that re-ask.....

I shouldn't need vent breathers any more?

Right, you should not need breathers anymore.

You could plumb it into any portion of the inlet tract that is sealed: Intake Manifold, MAF tube going to the TB, anywhere in the system where the air has already been metered. Run the other end to the alternate valve cover (you'll need to make bungs for each end, of course).

Right, you should not need breathers anymore.

You could plumb it into any portion of the inlet tract that is sealed: Intake Manifold, MAF tube going to the TB, anywhere in the system where the air has already been metered. Run the other end to the alternate valve cover (you'll need to make bungs for each end, of course).
Am I wanting potentially oily air entering my combustion chambers? I always thought oil in the intake tract diluted octane? I have absolutely no tolerance to lower the octane that this engine needs.

Am I wanting potentially oily air entering my combustion chambers? I always thought oil in the intake tract diluted octane? I have absolutely no tolerance to lower the octane that this engine needs.

Two things:

It's all going through a catch-can
The whole reason for the second one is that we don't pick up oil

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.