Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I think a little cyclone should be right at the front wheel fender with the decal lines running to just before the fender / door gap. I think that would tie it together. Just a line on the fender may down play the whole graphic.

Reactions: 1 user
Man,...its so easy answering you drew...
It's like you're my brother.

Here,..let...let me demonstrate:

No.

I will take your advice though...i will modify the stripes. ( I can so make them work)
At the same time, I will not take your advice. Nothin goes in front of the front wheel.

*' Cept.......maybe a tiny little tornado with a c.i. displacement.
Think t bolt...( only monster specific)
mvDnJuSQUt1wz1sRVngc6Tg.jpg

Maybe...i don't do the tornado at all.....Maybe i have something made just like this with 250 in the middle.

I'm so freakin creative.
Will this badge fit the front of the fender?

Yes it will, but it'll either be one or the other. Either I'm sticking a little custom tornado behind the front tire on the front fender, or I'm having a custom displacement made for that old school thunderbird looking thingy
If you are taking votes-I’d vote for the displacement badge and a stripe- but I really like the tornado idea as well :chin

I think @CarMichael Angelo is suppressing votes. I say put a huge tornado on the hood! Rout out a channel under it to back light it with flashing LED's. Tell people that's the lightning in the storm.

OR if that's too hip for you, put the CID badge on the fender and maybe a little tornado on the corner of the trunk.

And I'll answer for @Noobz347

Make room for guns....50 Caliber machine guns. Create a build sheet option for them. Display at car shows. Rare 1978 Fairmont Cyclone with the theft deterrent package.

You only get a recount if the vote(s) are within 0.5%....

Apparently in Georgia you don't even have to be that close. You just file a lawsuit if you didn't win. Mellinials get a lot of crap over expecting to have stuff handed to them, but apparently it's not just that generation.

Joe

Apparently in Georgia you don't even have to be that close. You just file a lawsuit if you didn't win. Mellinials get a lot of crap over expecting to have stuff handed to them, but apparently it's not just that generation.

Joe
would that be you popping into my thread with a hint of political ire Joe?

The fact that living voters were erased from the roster in your state would be enough cause to bring a lawsuit if it was the democrats controlling the erasures.
But it wasn't..

Been a bit since Ive popped in. I like the line graphic. I vote for the lines in front of the words, behind the front tires. Being the words say Cyclone, it becomes obvious to me that you need your little tornado guys on the fenders in front of your tires.

I like it,I think it would look even better adding the stripe in front of the lettering
Yes, needs stripe in front. I usually don't get too upset about interpreting a post. Between typo's, auto correction, and alcohol you can't guess what's on someone's mind.
I think a little cyclone should be right at the front wheel fender with the decal lines running to just before the fender / door gap. I think that would tie it together. Just a line on the fender may down play the whole graphic.
You only get a recount if the vote(s) are within 0.5%....
Been a bit since Ive popped in. I like the line graphic. I vote for the lines in front of the words, behind the front tires. Being the words say Cyclone, it becomes obvious to me that you need your little tornado guys on the fenders in front of your tires.

Ok...there's normalcy in my life again. I actually have this Monday off, provided nobody just happens to pop in at the dealership.

I laid in bed this morning, fully awake at 5 AM. For no apparent reason.

I thought about all of the junk I'm in the process of changing, and tried to decide what I could actually get done in the time I got to do it.

The stripe is a done deal ( in my head) . I appreciate all of the input I asked for from you all. I've decided to put a cap on the letters immediately in front of them to the edge of the fender exactly like the capped stripe behind them. I'll go tomorrow and order a munchkin version of the cyclone tornado sitting on top of the engine displacement numbers the will go on the front fender behind the tire where Ford/Mercury always has put that. How I list the C.I.D is all that remains to be the only sticking point.

Cause Ford never saw fit to brag about a 250 with displacement badges, except on the hood scoop of a 1969 sport roof mustang.

So then...I can have the 250 digits listed, or spell out the word "two fifty" in the cyclone font. Or I could list it as a metric, and have it read 4.1. Or I can blow off the cid thing, and have it read "Crossflow", or put some ambiguous number that has only marginally something to do with the weanie 6 cylinder displacement...

( but this is a big reach........and only if I push the boost to 15 psi,...and only if the stars align...and only if it stays together)

Like.. 666

Six cylinders, Six barrels, Six hundred pound feet of torque.

I don't think I'm out of line though,....if this guy can make 502 ft lb with an inline head, a flat tappet cam, a 450 CFM carburetor, and a tiny assed little turbo,...what lies ahead for the monster with a Crossflow head, a roller cam, ITB injection and a 72mm wheezer?
https://fordsix.com/archive/www.classicinlines.com/Dyno1.html

Last edited:
Man,...its so easy answering you drew...
It's like you're my brother.

Here,..let...let me demonstrate:

No.

I will take your advice though...i will modify the stripes. ( I can so make them work)
At the same time, I will not take your advice. Nothin goes in front of the front wheel.

*' Cept.......maybe a tiny little tornado with a c.i. displacement.
Think t bolt...( only monster specific)
mvDnJuSQUt1wz1sRVngc6Tg.jpg

Maybe...i don't do the tornado at all.....Maybe i have something made just like this with 250 in the middle.

I'm so freakin creative.

OK, change out the flags for tornadoes. Put either 250 (but it's overbored right? so 254?) or 4.1 in the center. Underneath put CrossFlow or Thunder from Downunder!

That would make a snazzy badge!

Meh....I don't think the triple 6 would've ever made it to the final draft anyway.

I gotta be considerate of putting too much on the car. With the stripes, the wing, the new scoop, and the word " SPOILER on the hood front edge, both sides, and the rear deck ledge...the tornado decals may be the limit before it gets to be too much.

I do know this: the stripe kit don't fit the monster. My rear quarter is longer than the 70 version the stripe is supposed to go on. My door is shorter, the front fender is shorter. I'm having to extend lengths behind the door, and shorten lengths in front of it.

I hope the hell this looks ok when I back it outside.

As each day goes by I sell myself more and more on the inevitability that I'm gonna have to cut the old tail light panel out completely in order to accomodate the Comet tail lights...that process is gonna be a mess. I wish there was a way to recess the panel deeper in the trunk w/o welding and fckin up the paint and bodywork, but I can't see that bein the case.

CarMichael Angelo said:
I know if I keep the ITBs, the glass top is gonna have to go. Right now, Everytime I get into boost, the water meth just coats the underside of the glass..add the condensation moisture that forms after a heat cycle, and it doesn't take long for that glass to get pretty cruddy looking. Add to it that i'm considering almost doubling the boost pressure, and that'll put even more pressure against the glass, and the retention system. The thinking here is: if I'm covering up the ITBs with a solid plate on the box,...what's the point of having the hassle?

Along with karthief and Dave, I cannot stand by and allow such decadent slide to occur with our Knoble Brother Mike...

Who was it who said

"When you become a member of the Royal Order of Box Heads, you gotta live the Box Head life"...,

You gotta own in it, CMA. Are you ready for that, CMA?

I really do think your failing to use the thing most prized....your "wipe on, wipe off" advice to making any inanimate object operate according to your architectural desires. The side cover, and link bars wouldn't have happened, nor the bolts that secure it. It's like six Franksteins worth of bolts that you put in the 250 block. You told us back then, it was your best advice from the Karate Kid that got it to work.

Mike, its time to screed off the 'excretia" again....

Saab's 99 specifically, although Polski Fiats and Bimmers, Volvo's and Commodore B's and Opel Monzas and Senators had these in epi-trochoidal Viper ist Komming form as well.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...ogressive,q_80,w_800/k5in7sflcqz6rxrae6jm.mp4
k5in7sflcqz6rxrae6jm.mp4

Stolen without fear from https://jalopnik.com/take-a-moment-to-enjoy-a-bunch-of-videos-of-headlight-w-1820332286

The Meth kit should spray down from the center into each butter fly, and (perhaps two) Saab 99-style wipers should wipe the fuel stand off to the center.

Just my 2 cents Box Head.

Then you can keep it Clean Under der Screen....

imag0154_zpsnxtacnwb-jpg.jpg

There are complex mixing and hybridizing rules, but the reference for today should be about how to inject the stuff into your gasoline engine, to

"Stop your I-6 from blow-in-uuuuuuppppppppp!!!!!"

System Of A Down - Psycho #13 - YouTube

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJTi_I_Q_tU

Last edited:
I'm really liking the decision to put the Monster into retro mode. I've decided that all of my updates from now on will be devoid of pictures until it is completely converted.

Leaving nothing but words,.....words,....and more words.

Today I needed to get my welding bottle exchanged, The problem with that is that welding supply places don't take kindly to swapping them out when the bottle is being transported inside a car. They point to the pictures of a blown up car where a bottle blew up, and tell you that that is the reason they don't want to exchange bottles transported inside a car. They want you to have a truck.

I don't got no truck. I have an SUV.

I have to agree to load my own swapped out bottle. If it blows up, it'll be all on me. I jam that dude into the wives' Cadillac.

For Weeks now, I've had the one Corbeau seat mounted, and the other has been sitting in my man cave living room...The hack job that I did trying to make the one seat fit, and work with the slider mechanism has been a fish bone stuck in my throat.
I hate it.

So today, now that I have a full welding bottle, I'm gonna mount the other seat the right way, and fix the driver seat as well. I get two hours into the project, and.....run out of welding wire.

Back out I go....only this time I decide to go to Home Depot to buy it. I'm standing in front of the welding supply section and looking at the 12lb spool of welding wire priced at 44.00. Maybe I better check the welding supply place I went to this morning.....so I call him. " Guess you didn't blow yourself up" he says..

Nope,...

18.61 plus tax....:dammit: Now I have to go back there...that is too good a deal not to make the trip.

I lose an hour.

I put the wire in the welder, and get back at it. I only manage to get the passenger side frame built before Kate calls, and wants to know what I'm doing.. " Dinkin!" I tell her.
" When are you gonna get done dinkin?" She hounds.
"Dinkin knows no timeline, and is only gauged by pain" I tell her.
"How do you feel then?" Comes the next question.

" I hurt like hell.....Im hungrier ana, my head hurts, and I'm dirtier than all 3 pigs" I reply.

"Then bring your ass up here and get in the shower, and take some aspirins....I'm hungry"

That was all I needed to hear.

I ordered the little tornados by themselves...if I decide to add anything under that, I'll add it later.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.