Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah I was only half joking. Dude I saw do it on YT, took out a huge dent and crease on a little 4 door sedan. It wasn't super deep, but it was almost the entire bottom of the door below the molding. Didn't leave a mark on the paint.

Mike, you ought to check if you can borrow one from Oreilly’s or some other parts store.

If you find one, place the studs to the side of the crease and pull. Not directly in the crease.

Far as that goes you can just drill holes along it and get a slide hammer from Oreilly’s and pull it out. You’ll have to weld the holes this way, but it’ll work.

This. Please this. Sexy...
8E495390-E91D-4E46-BF3F-C61A317EDAB0.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Car dealerships are a greedy lot. It's one thing that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to sell a car,..its another thing when you have to give up so much of your life to do it.
Monday is supposed to be my day off. Because Thursday is thanksgiving the poweres that be have decided that day offs for this week are forfeit.
(Because everybody knows that you can get so much done on a holiday when compared to just a regular day off....who cares if most of the places that are normally open on a regular weekday are closed thanksgiving...you should be "Thankful" you didn't have to work on thanksgiving.)
Needless to say, I had to work. And it goes without saying that nothing got done.

In the grand scheme of things,..I did piddle around for a few hours tonight. I hooked up my shifter cable and tested it.

It shifted, and you could watch the cable move on the shifter end, but on the trans end...........no worky.

Something had come lose or had broken. Checking it required that I pull my console,......the very definition of pain in the ass.
Once done though, the problem became immediately obvious: Pulling the engine had smashed the cable against the top of the trans tunnel, and had effectively snapped off the mounting flange that held the cable.

So now that whole cable was free to push and pull with each movement of the shifter lever....perfect.

The correct thing to do I guess would be to replace it. Considering the fact that the internal cable inside the jacket was covered in a vinyl sleeve to aid in its movement, trying to weld that bracket back on was probably gonna just fck the thing all to hell.
But,...in the words of the big giant orange faced liar, " What did I have to lose?"
I was gonna either try, and ruin it,... or I was gonna try, and fix it.

I knew that I would have to cool the weld immediately after sticking it to have a prayer of making it work, so I got a wet rag, and went to town.

I chose..........wisely.

IMAG0224_zpshusquqc4.jpg

Who knows how long it'll last. It's welded all around on both side just like you can see. The best part is that it works.

Reactions: 2 users
Almost ten pages ago I made the decision to go all in on my retro-70 Cyclone Spoiler conversion on this car.

So far, the scoop I've chosen is here, I like it. The tail lights are gonna be a real challenge to make them fit, work, and look right.
The stripe kit came in......all I can say is that the 1970 car, and the monster are not the same dimensionally speaking.

By a mile.

The words CYCLONE, and SPOILER are stacked, and mounted on the front fender of the original car. Then there's a stripe that starts on the same fender, extends down the door onto the quarter in front of the wheel, and ending on the quarter behind it.
257f14e9aad522b59d49fdb00557ba9bba6a843a-jpg.jpg

The damn words are probably 18-20 inches long by themselves. The monsters front fender might be 8"

What I'm probably gonna have to do is put the small section that is behind the letters on my fender to the start the stripe. Then put the letters on the door at the front edge with the stripe following that, and cut everything to fit.

Nobody said this was gonna be a cake walk.

The " Spoiler" itself will be here end of month, with the wheels following at the beginning of December.

It'd be all very exciting if I didn't have to do all of the metal work on the tails, followed by all of the bodywork on the hood and trunk,....followed by............painting.....

I hate painting.

Send the stripes back and go to a graphics shop. I used to work at Arc Document Solutions and I know there's one in Birmingham. But there's a million decal shops. Find someone willing to work with you and then take the factory graphic design and make it work for your car. Probably won't cost a lot more than what you bought. Then you probably also get some options to the graphic itself. Gloss, satin, carbon fiber, ghost flames, etc.

Own those stripes...make them yours! Modifying those stripes would be like.....like putting a belly button engine in your car.

Or something like that. :chin

Add: I know it's what the factory did, but after looking at the picture longer, I think there needs to be a stripe in front of the wheel...maybe it fades in, but with the small area behind the tire, I think on the Fairmont a little bit of stripe in front of the tire will help balance it.

Send the stripes back and go to a graphics shop. I used to work at Arc Document Solutions and I know there's one in Birmingham. But there's a million decal shops. Find someone willing to work with you and then take the factory graphic design and make it work for your car. Probably won't cost a lot more than what you bought. Then you probably also get some options to the graphic itself. Gloss, satin, carbon fiber, ghost flames, etc.

Own those stripes...make them yours! Modifying those stripes would be like.....like putting a belly button engine in your car.

Or something like that. :chin

Add: I know it's what the factory did, but after looking at the picture longer, I think there needs to be a stripe in front of the wheel...maybe it fades in, but with the small area behind the tire, I think on the Fairmont a little bit of stripe in front of the tire will help balance it.
Man,...its so easy answering you drew...
It's like you're my brother.

Here,..let...let me demonstrate:

No.

I will take your advice though...i will modify the stripes. ( I can so make them work)
At the same time, I will not take your advice. Nothin goes in front of the front wheel.

*' Cept.......maybe a tiny little tornado with a c.i. displacement.
Think t bolt...( only monster specific)
mvDnJuSQUt1wz1sRVngc6Tg.jpg

Maybe...i don't do the tornado at all.....Maybe i have something made just like this with 250 in the middle.

I'm so freakin creative.

Well,...love it or hate it, the transformation is underway.
IMAG0225.jpg

Still have the quarter stripe to apply, and this side will be done. I'm toying with the idea of adding the stripe in front of the
Letters, and I have the stuff to do that with...what say you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.