Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Agreed. I would counsel him more against buying a car that would saddle him with a monthly payment before I would worry about the power.

Shoot, let the kid live and blow that money before he is balls deep in a mortgage, wife, kids, expenses that keep it from being a reality. He could have it paid off by the time those things come along and have “that badass car” he worked hard for and holds on to his whole life. That’s assuming he is responsible and not already balls deep in student loan or other debts.

Reactions: 1 user
Shoot, let the kid live and blow that money before he is balls deep in a mortgage, wife, kids, expenses that keep it from being a reality. He could have it paid off by the time those things come along and have “that badass car” he worked hard for and holds on to his whole life. That’s assuming he is responsible and not already balls deep in student loan or other debts.
Well, I did say "counsel" and not "prohibit". However, I can see the value in getting it now and maybe having it paid off in ten years.

Do banks even give 10 year loans on cars? Good Lord I hope not.

Mike, is #1 looking at the SRT392, or a Scat Pack? They no long produce the SRT8, unless I missed that they just came back out again.

My Dad bought a ‘15 Sublime Green SRT 392 Challenger brand new, and damn what a car! Big boat, but 485 hp, 475 tq, it was a brute. Made my ‘11 GT feel soooooo weak down low.

Do banks even give 10 year loans on cars? Good Lord I hope not.

Mike, is #1 looking at the SRT392, or a Scat Pack? They no long produce the SRT8, unless I missed that they just came back out again.

My Dad bought a ‘15 Sublime Green SRT 392 Challenger brand new, and damn what a car! Big boat, but 485 hp, 475 tq, it was a brute. Made my ‘11 GT feel soooooo weak down low.
Couldn’t tell you. Just an arbitrary number I threw out there.
I’ve only had a car payment once, was a small loan I took out to get my Cobra. Paid it off in a year with savings and tax return money. Still not quite sure how I managed that.

I got a 6 year loan on my 17 gt at 0% financed thru ford. That was the longest loan term I could pick. (At 0%, I would have picked 10 years if I could have :rlaugh:)

Reactions: 1 users
All I know is that he went online and built one. IDK what he built,...but I tell ya one things for sure, it wasn't a 6 cylinder car.

As for me,....

We'll see how this day goes.

They "attempted" to mount my wheels. One was fine,....The other is pcked up as a rats ass.
IMAG0275_zpsdkltmlrx.jpg

260 grams to put it in balance.....that would be over 1/2 a pound of weight. The phcking thing is so out of round, you can watch it wobble on the spin balancer.
This is BMW's machine,...it aint wrong. The fact that the other 3 wheels are in spec verifies that it isn't something were doing wrong.
To say I'm enraged at this might be a little to understated....(You would hate to be the other guy on the phone when you piss me off this bad, I'm sure I don't have to tell you)
The problem is,...You cant call them. Directly.
You can only communicate with American Racing through one of their resellers.....I chose Wheels for less, because they were.....Wheels for less.
Even less than Summit...(It still cost $1650.00 for the four)

Had I used Summit though, and even though it would've been more money,..in the end Having Summit on Your side with a POS mfg like these guys would've been infinitely better....I just think that having a customer as big as Summit breathing down your neck might motivate you to stop being pcked up if you want Them as your customer.

I don't know what I can do...It's not Wheels for less" problem,...It's AR......You'd think with Social media being what it is, A place like this would be out of business by now....

IM SO FCKIN PISSED OFFF!!!

That's really f'd up Mike. I see that was without a tire on the rim, correct ? Unbelievable. I've seen some bad new wheels but that takes the cake.

I hope they can get it straightened out for you brother. I'd be beyond pissed. I'd be trying to get a free rim sent out so I could have a full size spare. Lol.

With a tire on it it might not be too bad....especially if road force balanced. The tire may have to be clocked to offset the out of roundness. Or....give'em hell and don't mount it at all. I'd do the latter.

The wheel issue is now just a matter of time before it's over. The back story is that they attempted to fix the wheels I sent back, because the center sections required to build a new wheel is on back order. And will be for another 3weeks.

And where are those center sections coming from ya spose?........:ohoh:

China. Chinese center sections in wheels labeled as "American Racing". :nonono: In hindsight, it wouldn't have mattered where the center section was made...it's a two piece wheel. They have the center, and the " hoop" that makes up the wheel. The center is moved inside the hoop to allow for the custom back spacing, and a machine welds it in place. So either the hoops are all phcked up and out of round, or the welding process distorts the wheel, or they have defective machinery.....One way or the other, the fact of the matter is, the human in QC that checked that finished wheel, still sent out a piece of sht end product for a second time.

So,...they know they can't save the existing junker that I have in my possession . That's why they're letting me keep it. Additionally, I told them I needed to be able to roll the car, ( and I do). So, I'm mounting that wheel for now until the good wheel gets here in February so I can roll the car in/out of the garage while I do the body work and paint to the hood/trunk.

I've decided to buy the touchscreen, and replace the little short media streaming head unit that's in the car...if for nothing else than to be able to have Nav, and/or Android auto in the car. After this purchase I'm done.

Not that if there was/is something else I want for the car, and I'm just not buying it, the fact of the matter is I can't think of anything else to buy:shrug:.

I've even looked at different engines,...but as noisy and complex as the banger is that powers the Monster, No other engine
( That I can afford) serves a better purpose.

Reactions: 3 users
Cause. You get paddle shifters and a cool little handheld controller. With minimal wires and a basic install..:)
you realize thats a 1300 dollar item right? the MicroSquirt TCU requires some wiring but its less than $350 and will support any transmission.... paddle shifters included.... in a fox you can even build a small voltage divider circuit and use the horn buttons for the shift paddles, then when you press both the horn will sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.