I have decided no spoiler. The major bodywork is finished

DSCN0670_zpshnemds2r.jpg

Two coats of SPI epoxy

DSCN0676_zpso116qlrc.jpg

Block sanded and a little more bodywork

DSCN0681_zpscbcvfh9p.jpg

More epoxy

DSCN0686_zps6bgax5en.jpg

I ordered a spoiler from Mustangs Unlimited but after test fitting I realized I never did like how the spoiler is on the quarter panel and how tall it was.

DSCN1107_zpsde04boom.jpg

I cut it down and added a little fiberglass

DSCN1669_zpskeiqxosn.jpg

After some bodywork

DSCN1681_zpsubqctw7p.jpg

Epoxy primed

DSCN1714_zpst4allurx.jpg

DSCN1747_zpskpl5kt4q.jpg

I decided it was time to upgrade the engine compartment

DSCN1729_zps88fmyrxv.jpg

DSCN1779_zpskle3pcpr.jpg

Two coats of SPI black epoxy

DSCN1909_zpsjamlf9kg.jpg

The spring perches on the 1965 rear end are 1/4" to wide on each side so we added metal to the bottom of the perch with an offset hole.

DSCN2126_zpsmpwulwwe.jpg

New rear shackles and test fitting the rear after the leaf springs were sanded and epoxy primed.

DSCN2198_zpspg4ynro4.jpg

It is hard to believe but new motor mounts for a V8 are not available so we made our own. We had a set Rod & Custom small block motor mounts that we did not use on another project. They were cut down and welded to the frame

DSCN2177_zpsuhmuvelr.jpg

We will add another brace after the firewall is modified for the AOD and we install the engine and trans again

DSCN2189_zpsqfz5lrfn.jpg

The AOD is a tight fit so to make it easier to install we modified the trans tunnel

DSCN2228_zpsnq3wvprl.jpg

Also decided to fill some of the holes in the firewall

DSCN2338_zps6ho6g1f6.jpg

I also didn't like all the holes in the fender aprons

DSCN2339_zpsel5nyboj.jpg

DSCN2340_zpsaakjqo0d.jpg

Crossmember was also modified for more clearance

DSCN2229_zps6h3qfioj.jpg

DSCN2341_zpssjkdclpq.jpg

We had to do a little rust repair to the hatch and bodywork and I painted the back side SPI Orange. The spoiler was bolted and fiberglass mat was added and needed bodywork before the back was painted.

DSCN2142_zpsaqoo67f4.jpg

DSCN2320_zpst3un3vom.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
That orange really pops!! I can't wait to see the finished product!! Out of curiosity, were you planning on leaving the car solid orange, or adding another color accent to the car? I used to have an orange Mach 1, so in my mind I keep envisioning black accents....