1981 Mustang T-Top Twin Turbo

76_Cobraii_mustang

Jul 23, 2018
I am looking for my parents old car. They had it until 2003. It was my mothers first car. It was originally a 6 cylinder automatic maroon car. Her and my father built it when they met in college. They cut the back off and welded on a back from an 82 GT with T-Tops. They put a maximum motor sports roll bar in it. It had a twin turbo inter-cooled fuel injected 302 with twisted wedge heads. The interior was grey and the exterior was black. It had an 81 nose but had the later style 87-93 side GT skirts and rear bumper. They put the full 87-93 rear glass hatch windows in it and it had aluminum 10 holes. I might be able to find a VIN for it. They lived in Brooklyn NY when they had it. Any leads would be helpful. I can upload pics tomorrow.

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
If you get the VIN, ask your insurance agent if they can track it for the purpose of reaquiring a sentimental car. Sometimes they can do it, sometimes they won't.

I used to date an insurance agent years ago, and with either a VIN or a license plate number, they can find out quite a bit.

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
I ran around with some receptionists from a medical clinic many years ago..... Some of the stories they had... I NEVER wanted to call my doctors office again with any "Personal" medical issues....... LOL