Fox 1983 T-top Coupe - $1000 - New Buffalo Butt Beer

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
Ok guys, while I was at this spectacular yard with 20-30 or more fox bodies, I found this:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It's a six cylinder.....oh good lord I want this car. It ran when he brought it into his yard. What is this worth? Anyone? @84Ttop ? @Boosted92LX @Noobz347 @madmike1157 @stykthyn @TOOLOW91 @awilli93coupe @Kornnut @95BlueStallion @90sickfox
@mikestang63 @RacEoHolic330 @MustangStephie
It's all surface rust, btw. I, like a fool, didn't look under the hood. I should have checked the shock towers for rust.....duh!

For what it's worth, only 36 coupes came in this color (3L). Not sure how many were converted to t-tops.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Buy that......... And if that white t bird has a big block-buy that too :)
I didn't check Chris, who knows, could have a 390 in it.

This salvage yard was so incredible, Fox bodies everywhere. This fella that owns it got it from his dad when he died. All the salvage yards know him and his dead dad and call him whenever they get a fox in.

He's also kind-of a fiero nut too, quite a few of those as well.

Ace of a new contact. Jeez, I feel like I struck gold.

Reactions: 1 users
That's pretty sweet Dave, that many foxes at your disposal will make finding all the hard to find out of production stuff. I.e. Interior pieces or even trim..
Good score buddy

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah.. People that really want a ttop do krazy stuff to get one. If that car is solid i could see it bringing $2500 to the right buyer quick. Maybe more.

Dave if it was in NY and you posted this it would be sitting in my driveway already. Thats how i feel about it. lol

I'm thinking about buying it.

The guy said is was running when he got it there.

If it can start, it might be in my driveway soon.

My son already can appreciate what it is, I may give it to him as a driver until I finish Doby, then it would become a shell faster than my wife can say, "NOT in my garage!".:stir:

The interior isn't glorious, but I can spray adhesive to stick the head liner back up temporarily. It would hold his bony little butt for a while though.

New fluids throughout, The new gas tank going on Doby. It won't be a pretty driver, sure. But what a bit chin' ride!

I need a new house with more area to hold cars.......

And, flat out, if I can make it a decent driver, I could make a little extra money as well....

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
The ttop glass is probably worth as much as the shell. If you have the money pick it up. If that was FL it would be in my driveway right now. The 87 would puke up all its mods and they would be in the coupe post haste.

Reactions: 3 users
The ttop glass is probably worth as much as the shell. If you have the money pick it up. If that was FL it would be in my driveway right now. The 87 would puke up all its mods and they would be in the coupe post haste.
Thanks brother, you should have seen me when I got to this yard. We were going toward the back of the lot to get my hatch and went by this.

I was trying not to choke and sputter as he told me about it. After that, I was in a daze un bolting my hatch and getting to my front bumper.

It took a bit of effort to stay focused enough to make sure my parts for Doby were good! (and they are)

Not to mention all of those fox bodies he had sitting around, amazing. Are aero gt's with sunroofs "rare"?

And like the title says, he wants $1000.

There was usually only 2 or 3 butb they rotated the stock every few months. I used to spend hours just going through the different cars.