SOLD 1984 Mercury Capri. Autocross Cp Build Turned Daily. Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohjus55

Jun 24, 2015
For Sale. 1984 Mercury Capri, 5.0 V8, 5 speed manual transmission. I bought this car about three years ago from a Capri collector in Oregon. I have been building this car to be competitive regionally in SCCA Solo (autocross). During the build my wife and I decided we would like to get out of debt and I chose to sell my daily driver. Because of this the Capri became my daily driver and I had to stop with some of the more aggressive parts of the build and ease up on the spending. I am selling the car because I need something a bit more practical. Aprox 160,000 miles

Car is located in North Seattle, WA

The good:
- I drive this car every day and have been for almost a year. It runs and drives very well.
- 1 year old Maximum Motorsports road and track box (less the shocks, Shocks have been replaced).
- The rear end has been converted to a 3 link set up
MM Torque-arm, 1979-04 Mustang, 8.8" axle, Standard-Duty
- The rear end is a freshly rebuilt Ford 8.8 /w 3.27 gears, fresh posi, new axles.
- All suspension and most steering parts replaced or upgraded.
- Previous owner claimed the engine was rebuilt and transmission was resealed. I have no invoices to prove this. Engine appears to be all stock, possibly a "rv" cam. Runs good. Clutch grabs well.
- New high torque starter
- Newer Holly carb
- New tires, Continental Extreme Contact, less then 2,000 miles.
- Body pretty strait and rust free.
- Many other new parts, I have a large stack of invoices of most the work I have done since I have owned the car.

The bad:
- Needs an inner tie rod and a u-joint
- Interior isn't so pretty, sun faded seats and trim, cracked dash, and missing the cloth for the headliner
- Exterior needs paint, some trim items, and has a cracked valance.

$3000 obo
Capri1.png
IMG_0233.JPG IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0238.JPG IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0241.JPG IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0243.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.