1985 Gt EFI/Turbo Help

Maniac3

Jan 24, 2020
North Carolina
Hello everyone, i'm new to this site so I may be posting in the wrong place or there may already be answers on here that I haven't found so sorry. Anyway I have a 1985 Gt, and I was looking into Turbo's and obviously this would be much easier with EFI. So i'm looking for help from anyone that has done an EFI conversion or an engine swap from a newer model. To figure out how difficult either of these options will be... Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I’ve never done an efi conversion per se, but have gutted and replaced every efi related part in my current car, and many others.

Does your budget allow for using a newer mega/microsquirt or a Holley efi system? Because those are leaps and bounds better than the stock eec. Not that there’s anything wrong with using a stock eec. It’s just that if you’re starting from scratch, you may as well use the best your budget allows, especially with a power adder.

Once we know a few more details, maybe some recommendations can be made.

Last edited:
I’ve looked into the Holley EFI but it is a bit beyond my budget for this build. I’m not looking to turbo it right away but I’m trying to slowly get it to the point where I would be able to. I’m not going for crazy numbers or to set any 1/4 mile records. Just trying to turn it into something I can street and go to the track for fun so I don’t want to throw crazy money at it. I know they make kits that are efi but still run through the carb but I don’t know much about them. Or if that can work in a turbo set up in any way.. This is new territory for me.