Progress Thread 1985 Gt I Finally Have A T Top Car.

• Sponsors (?)

Waiting on parts is a drag.

I got the old master out and new one mocked up with the MMBAK-17 kit also gutted the prop valve, installed the manual prop valve and got the C/C plates in place. Nothing exciting or really picture worthy because underhood makes baby jesus cry.

I will bench bleed the new master and mount it for real this weekend other than that I cant do too much until the new arms show up.

fullsizeoutput_18a_zps8tf97qms.jpe

fullsizeoutput_186_zpscikxa72w.jpe

fullsizeoutput_188_zpsku1jkhb2.jpe

Underhood needs some work boys.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
The Grand Marquis has been sold off, I will be using the 98 Cobra wheels for now. I "like" them on there but cant say I am in love with them on there. With that said I have them and I am about $3000 deep into this suspension/5lug swap so I will be using them for now.

Adds up so damn fast.
Suspension Upgrades LMR 1550
Brake cables misc hardware LMR 250
JunkYard 5 lug parts 150
Rock Auto Brake Kit 420 ( $57 shipping and $88 Core included in total)
Master Cylinder Amazon 56
Soft Brake lines Amazon 60
FRPP A arms LMR 307
Used rear axke CL 300
$3093

Now to be fair I have some parts to sell to slightly lessen the total, below are asking prices, nothing has sold yet.
4 lug wheels 250
Extra 5 lug rear parts 100
Entire 4 lug suspension 100
Core Rock Auto 50
$500

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You're a brave man keeping track of the spend. I started doing that, got to about 3k and stopped. I just don't want to know. It's kinda like when my wife buys shoes....she never tells me how much they were, only what percent off they were. Me: "how much were those shoes? Her: " they were 30% off. So, she essentially told me nothing..... I love the car. And I agree on the cobra wheels looking good on there!

Reactions: 1 user