1986 GT Codes

gmartian

Dec 7, 2020
Seekonk
I pulled codes today with a new computer in my 86' and got the following, 43, 63, 81, 82. I understand the 43 "Lean at WOT" as I just dropped the whole exhaust off including the 02 sensors as I thought the cats were clogged. I'm confused on how I should go about correcting codes 63, 81 and 82.

• Sponsors (?)

OCode 63 is TPS voltage too low. You’ll want to check voltage at idle. Needs to be between 0.5-1.25v. To trigger the code means you are below 0.5v. This code can be an old stored cold, so you might want to delete codes, then rerun them after a few drive cycles

code 81 and 82 pertain to the solenoid for the air injection system. I assume those are deleted. You can ignore these without issue.

OCode 63 is TPS voltage too low. You’ll want to check voltage at idle. Needs to be between 0.5-1.25v. To trigger the code means you are below 0.5v. This code can be an old stored cold, so you might want to delete codes, then rerun them after a few drive cycles

code 81 and 82 pertain to the solenoid for the air injection system. I assume those are deleted. You can ignore these without issue.
How can I check the voltage? Or with what kind of tool can I do such?