1986 Mustang GT Hatch 5.0 5sp RED. Tell me if its a good deal!

MustangOwner

Banned
Dec 13, 2006
Hi guys, Yes, its me again with another car ha. Well that last '85 GT i looked at was all cobbled together and was rusty as SHEIT!(Lets just say when i walked up i thought the driver seat was broken....it was the floor rusting through so bad it tilted the seat!) So for 1500.00 i passed! But oh we got a new baby! And better pics also! So here we go!

Okay Lets just make a list.....

He wants $650.00

Could i really go wrong at that price.... i mean honestly?

---------1986 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 5spd
1. The interior is very nice! It has the arm rests for the doors it just needs new clips to hold them on.....
2. The outside has no rust besides the hatch,(which i have another hatch for it)
3. The underbody has no rust through spots, Just little seem rust that can be sanded and painted!
4. It needs new rims and tires which i have from my '91 Stang Pony rims!
5. Has the wrong driver side fender on it! I need to replace it with a '86 fender! Not a big deal.
5. 176,000 or 76,000 miles. Unknown....
6. Engine runs and drives
7. Tranny is perfect and shifts very nice
8. Engine misses at low rpm.... But other wise is good. It is very driveable
It has a new dist. Cap rotor, plugs, wires, fuel pressure regulator. Still didn't fix it.
9. Clean Title in his name
10. Needs a speedo cable

Look at the pictures and let me know what you think. Tell me if you see anything bad or anything thats missing! Thanks alot guys.

View attachment 381266
View attachment 381267
View attachment 381268
View attachment 381269
View attachment 381270
View attachment 381271
View attachment 381272
View attachment 381273

I'm looking for a nice good project car to restore and i think this could be it? Let me know what you think.

• Sponsors (?)

Where are you located 91fox? I don't find deals like this. No rust is next to imposable to find here in indiana on any 20+ year old car. It runs has t5 and should have a 8.8 that is the asking price. The body and chassis are free!

Yeah i'm just gonna give him $650.00 for it. Hes taking a more pics of it for me and hes gonna make sure that there is no rust on the underbody. If there isn't any like he says i already told him i'd buy it for 650.00. So hopefully there isn't any cause i want that car ha.

Hell, for $650, even if it turns out to be a turd, you could recoup the cost by parting it out. But really, it doesn't look unsalvagable at all. I'd hit it. :nice:

Really dig the hood and steering wheel, too. Throw two more 10-hole rims on there, fix up the front-left fender, and hook up a TB-to-airbox tube, and it wouldn't be too shabby at all, especially for that price.

Hell, for $650, even if it turns out to be a turd, you could recoup the cost by parting it out. But really, it doesn't look unsalvagable at all. I'd hit it. :nice:

Really dig the hood and steering wheel, too. Throw two more 10-hole rims on there, fix up the front-left fender, and hook up a TB-to-airbox tube, and it wouldn't be too shabby at all, especially for that price.

I got 4 pony rims that are just mint off my '91. I'd even use my '91 Air tube too cause i put a BBK CAI but it doesn't have mass air so it wont work. Plus i'm working at a body shop now so it will be up and preeetty in no time! I'm going to pick it up this weekend of monday for sure!

looks good for 650

get a new front bumper cover as the valence on this one is shot

that fender is fine, just get it aligned properly, get the proper moldings and an 85-86 fender extension and you are good to go

check both fender aprons and underneath the car (swaybar mounts, etc) for damage/misalignment. the color of the front clip looks different so look for evidence of accident damage that could cause trouble for you down the line

def some new carpet and clean up those seats and new dash pad...the interior isnt bad though