1987 5.0 coupe with t-tops!!!!

89fiveliter

Nov 5, 2009
Well i just bought an original 1987 ford mustang 5.0 coupe with t-tops from an old lady in a wheelchair that was in her back yard for wellll......CHEAP!! Its Bone stock with original everything, but is an Automatic. Interior is shot, body doesnt have a dent or crack in it,paints gone, Needs a windsheild, all other glass is good, auto trans slips, has zero rust(im in CA) and the frame and core support is pristine! Car has 176k on it but she said she delivered newspapers out if in the early to late 90's. How much is something like this worth in good condition? I know they are rare but are they really rare? Is it something i should sell my clean 89 GT for and build this being that im broke and cant keep both cars!! Any input is greatly appreciated since i cant find any info about this car anywhere!.

• Sponsors (?)

It's rare, but since "what's it worth" threads are not allowed, i won't put a value on it.

However, if its in need of serious work, then it's not worth a heck of a whole lot. Sure it's unique, but if it's been parked on grass for 5 years and the entire underside is rusted away, then it's just another poor 5.0.

In other words, i wouldn't sell a clean car for a neglected t-top coupe.

It's rare, but since "what's it worth" threads are not allowed, i won't put a value on it.

However, if its in need of serious work, then it's not worth a heck of a whole lot. Sure it's unique, but if it's been parked on grass for 5 years and the entire underside is rusted away, then it's just another poor 5.0.

In other words, i wouldn't sell a clean car for a neglected t-top coupe.

Amen

Posted via Mobile Device

Well like i said its a california car so rust is not a factor what so ever. Its been sitting in a dry field with nothing but dirt, no grass. Its at my buddys shop on my trailer now and i will take some pics and let you all judge for yourself. Interior is shot to hell but has roll up windows which is cool to me! Body is as straight as it gets, t-tops are in great condition, just need weatherstripping and they come on and off with ease. I got the car for $600. There isnt one thing missing from the factory on the motor including the inner fender air box. Even the ash tray drawer is in tact and functional!! Stock mufflers etc. I love the car, its definitely the coolest fox i would want personally. Its just the money factor.... I just dont want to be the old man in 30 years watching barrett jackson while they auction one off for $50k or something talking about how i use to have one of those:mad:Ill post the pics by tomorrow those interested.

With 176K miles...it's not gonna fetch big money no matter what it is.

The big dollar cars in 20-30 years are gonna be the 100% original, sub-50K mile cars.

Ok maybe not $50k, that was more of an analogy. But the idea of the car being rare and even more desirable in 20-30 years then it is now. That is what would really brings the value up in the future over most other fox body mustangs.

Sell it. t-top cars are rattle traps. Most of them leak even with new weather stripping sets. id post it on the corral right now and im sure it would be gone tommorrow in the am.