1987/93 ford police cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL mustangs, whether SSP (police) or regular cars were ALL mass air after 1989. I can't be more clear here. I have owned one since 1993. If "Tom" says differently from that statement he should be fired as that is basic information.

• Sponsors (?)

Click on picture. My part # is 12a561ab so maybe we both are right.
How can I be misinformed when I am talking with Ford TEC. This unit allows for a more aggressive parameters than the run of the mill ford cars.
I have read high HP drag cars use speed density controls and not MAF but I donot know

Right, but the Ford SD as it comes from the factory is not suited to high HP applications much beyond stock.

Plenty of high HP cars use SD but just not THAT one. lol

Occasionally, I come across someone who still has the hardware necessary to do a "piggy back" on the old SD boxes. I used to have a TwEECer that was SD compatible.

I had a tow truck driver explain to me once that he used to own an 86 Mustang and it was a former cop car and it had a 427 in it. I'm thinking I should have asked if he checked with Tom at Ford.

• Haha
  • Happy
Reactions: 2 users
I don't need to call anyone. I was part of a group who ordered 20 ssp mustangs in 1993. I still have mine. It was mass air as they all were in 1993 and had no special computer. Actually, it had nothing at all done to the drivetrain different from a production mustang except for heavy duty hoses, oil cooler, etc. HP was the exact same as production cars.

Sorry for all the trouble, my mistake. After much research this unit was used on 1984 to 1993 351w engine Crown Vic. Police cars with a variable venture type carb. only. Computer was for fuel air mixture. Again I was just trying to see if someone knew something about this module. Some people are just to sensitive.

Last edited:
That is not what you asked, asking for information starts with a question not a statement.

I think you should tell Tom at Ford Ser. He is wrong. Thanks.

But seriously a statement isn't a question.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry for all the trouble, my mistake. After much research this unit was used on 1994 to 2003 351w engine Crown Vic. Police cars with a variable venture type carb. only. Computer was for fuel air mixture. Again I was just trying to see if someone knew something about this module. Some people are just to sensitive.
The 351 was discontinued in the Panther platform after the 1991 model year. 1994-2003 would only have been equipped with a 4.6L 2V. 4v if it happened to be a Marauder.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.