For Sale 1987 ASC Mclaren / Ford Mustang Project 2 seat roadster convertible

avmtdan

Jun 10, 2018
Conyers, GA
I have been slowly restoring this car for 8 years now, and now I have 3 kids I just dont have time for the car and my other projects/family stuff.

The car is almost totally complete. It was repainted a few years ago and is now the same color as the 2010 mustang race red. There is no rust on the car now, it has new floorboards, rocker panels, and quarter panels. It has been lovingly stored inside and comes with alot of spare parts.

Engine:
302 5.0 newly rebuilt, has maybe 100 miles on it. I had put this engine in another car and decided to keep it for this project instead because it ran great. E-7 forged pistons, Molly rings, billet crankshaft, clevite rods/main bearings, ford racing E-303 mild lift camshaft, roller lifters. Water pump, thermostat, hoses, belt, new. Walbro 225 Lph fuel pump, steel lines, rails, 19lb injectors all new. Twin electric fans, all aluminum radiator. 130 amp Contour alternator conversion. Maf conversion. New exhaust.

Transmission: car was originally any automatic but I dont believe any Mustang should be. T5 that is installed is a world class, but for a 3.8. I will buy back the 3.8 transmission if the new owner wants to put the GT transmission back in. I also have a second T5 from a 5.0 gt that goes with the car at this asking price.

Body: new heater core and evaporator, fresh bright red paint. New set of lights for the front, and the very hard to find and expensive rear lights. Dash and one seat is installed. I have the complete ASC Mclaren interior and many many spares. Seats will need recovering.

Spares that go with the car:
Mclaren rear seat delete (extra from a blue interiored car)
Extra mclaren seats for parts
Extra gt seats
Anything extra that i have bought for the mclaren, and i have been collecting for a while.

Car runs and drives, but the ecu is not controlling timing. I have another ecu i was going to swap in, but havent tried it yet (I wanted to check the harness first). I also have a another 5 speed rear end that goes with the car, as an the autotmaic the gearing is off. I also have another full disc rear end supposedly out of a foxbody cobra that goes with the car.

Come with cash, a tow truck, a friend, and another truck for the extra parts. I am not in a hurry, she has been in my garage for years and a few more wont bother me. Thank you for your interest. Will not ship, no checks. If you want to buy the car, be prepared to show up in person with cash to inspect. I will not sell this car to someone who can't show up to see it, so don't bother with sending your "Brothers/cousins/sisters/nephews former room mate" (I have had 3 scammers pull this crap, show up in person or don't waste our time). I have a clean title. Bill of sale will be made, with buyer and sellers information. (Bring your drivers license). May consider partial trades, but not interested in more vehicles. Make an offer, but realize I already have at least 2 times what I am asking in the car. This car will make a great fairly simple project for someone, with the hard work already done.

Car is in Conyers, GA, just east of Atlanta.
Asking $4,500, and this comes with every fox body part spare I have. (Seats, harnesses, engine parts, exhausts, way too many to list, been collecting a while). Some wiggle room on price, but if you start cutting to deep, I will start keeping spares.

Danny
770 361 zero84six
Leave a message or text about the car, I generally dont answer the phone if I don't recognize the number.
More pics available on request.

Attachments

• 20171216_112921.jpg
    20171216_112921.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 460
  • 20171216_112929.jpg
    20171216_112929.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 579
  • 20171216_112937.jpg
    20171216_112937.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 530
  • 20171216_112948.jpg