Progress Thread 1988 GT T-Top

Flatfoot

5 Year Member
Aug 18, 2017
Milton, Fl
I graduated high school in 92 and the Foxbody Mustangs were the hot rods of those days in my hometown. I have always loved the T Tops and told myself I would have one some day. Ive had a couple Foxbodys and a New Edge since high school but it was never the right time. At the end of 2017 I found a 1988 T Top car in Georgia. I drove up there and looked at the car. It was a HCI car and the body seemed to be solid and the strut towers were solid. We struck a deal and I towed the car home.
IMG_6001.JPG

The only thing the car didn't have was A/C. I live in the panhandle of Florida and that was the first thing. I ordered new parts and put the A/C back in the car. The obligatory motor pic of course.
IMG_6029.JPG

After I put A/C back in the car.
IMG_6102.JPG

After that I started fixing the codes. @Mustang5L5 was a huge help with the Code 67. I started taking the car apart at that point and wanted to get it painted and redo the interior and some other stuff. Got the car taken somewhat taken apart and summer got here and it sat in the garage for the summer. Too dang hot to mess with it in the garage. Always seemed like it was 20 degrees hotter in the garage than outside. Anyway I finished taking most of it apart and took it to the painter last week.
IMG_7646.JPG
IMG_7650.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Hood and spoiler test fitted.
IMG_0026.JPEG
IMG_0027.jpg

And the body work has started
IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0030.JPEG

That's all the updates for now. Really looking forward to pressing on and getting this project going. New tires and wheels will be ordered shortly and I have a Pimp Stinger MS3 ECU ready to go in when I get the car back also.
IMG_0030.JPEG
574967448.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Still need headlights for it and working on tuning the car with the pimpxs ecu. Got to take it out and two weekends ago and drive it for the first time in about 2 yrs with my 8yo. So progress has been good
backtogether.jpg
sideshot.jpg

Reactions: 8 users